Sunday 16 February 2014

COME FLY WITH ME

So I just got back from a weekend in Barcelona with my AS-Level geography class and I thought as I travelled by plane and there's February half-term coming up (yes, okay, I was meant to post this earlier, I am sorry) where some people might be going away, that I better do a 'what's in my airplane carry-on bag'...


Before we can even begin to think about packing the bag we first need to find a suitable one- with bags the bigger is always better. When it comes to rucksacks I don't tend to go for the prettiest ones as what you really need is something that can carry everything but it also comfy at the same time.
 
1. Passport- this is pretty essential, you can't actually get on the plane without it.
2. Glasses- pretty self explanatory, so you can see really.
Yes these are my glasses and yes I really do where glasses

3. Boiled sweets- these work amazingly at stopping your ears from popping if you suck one whilst taking off and landing.
4. Hand sanitizer/ wipes- planes are yucky, also planes are not the best for your skin and having wet wipes on hand means you can keep your skin fresh at all times.

5. Best friend- they don't seem to mind if you hold their hand the entire journey because you're scared of flying.
6. Book/ trashy magazines- short flights like the one to Spain don't have TVs and planes are immensely boring, trashy magazines are fun for the whole family to laugh at. 
7. iPod (and headphone splitter)- So you can spend the whole 3 hour plane journey listening to Disney's Greatest Hits with your friend and sing along very loudly.
8. Big puzzle book (and pen)- literally hours of entertainment if got out of these, can't forget the pen or they suddenly become a lot less fun.
9. Jumper- planes are freezing and you will freeze without a big jumper.
Yours truly in Sitges, Spain- you can't see my jumper but it is rose print (obviously), £5.99 (fantastic price) from H&M

10. Lip balm- I have two in my bag, the Body Shop lip butter in Shea for night time and the Body Shop Born Lippy stick in plum for the day.

11. Sunglasses- because even though it (was) January and Barcelona is just a cold as England, I was going to Spain and I wanted to give an impression of a holiday. My sunglasses are from Topshop last year (around £15 I think) but everywhere sells the same style and I just really like this style plus it suits me and a lot of sunglasses don't.
 
12. My bobble hat!- in case your head gets cold (Accessorize £18)

13. Nail varnish- so technically I didn't pack this but I was wearing Barry M Berry Cosmo, packed a nail file though, don't want horrible nails

14. Camera- *whispers* plane selfie, airport selfie, I-woke-you-up-at-three-this-morning selfie, getting-told-off-for-taking-a-selfie-with-the-flight-attendant selfie (not recommended)

No comments:

Post a Comment