Tuesday 3 September 2013

BELOVED BURT

I get very chapped lips all year round so I've been wanting a Burt's Bees forever, but they are so expensive here in the UK. Averaging at just under £4 in most shops, I do not think that it is worth it for a lip balm, not matter how good it is, especially as you can get the trusty Nivea stick for under £2 in Tesco.
Therefore I jumped at the chance when I was in Target (yes, again, I did a lot of food shopping in Target when I was in America) where you could get a pack of two Burt's Bees for just 5$. I'd seen you could buy Burt's Bees in Cracker Barrel (American restaurant chain) earlier in the day, admittedly a strange place to buy lip balm, but it was 3$ which is still quite expensive for a small lip balm on it's own.

(My Burt's Bees packet got a bit bent on the plane journey home.)

HOWEVER, despite my original 'ooh this is very expensive for a lip balm, is it really that good, is it really worth the price?' worries, I am converted. Burt's Bees is one of the best lip products I have found in a long, long time, coming in second place closely behind Blistex Relief Cream which is absolutely amazing and I used to swear by. Burt's is much better than Blistex in the sense that Burt's is a balm which is easily portable, and Blistex is a cream which comes out of the tube very fast in great quantities and has the tendency to explode in my bag whenever I take it anywhere; Blistex is also very thick and not a pretty sight to wear out in public, therefore I tend to stick to just using it at night.
Both Burt's and Blistex are very similar on the lips as they have a feeling that is quite hard to describe but is like your lips are hot, cold and minty all at the same time; it sounds very strange but is actually a very pleasant feeling, especially when you have super chapped lips but then I personally like the feel of it stingy and burning though most do not. I find that Burt's makes your lips feel almost quite numb but very, very smooth.

Blistex seems to be one of those products that never runs out as you don't need to use that much at one time so mine is looking a bit tatty but this is what the packaging looks like.

I have been using Burt's Bees religiously in the morning and in the evening every single day since I bought it and I noticed visible results in the smoothness of my lips after only a few days. I always put Burt's on before I put on any lipgloss or lipstick as I find that they occasionally dry your lips out and having a 'base coat' on really reduces this and keeps your lips looking smooth throughout the day.

I think it is safe to say that I have completely fallen in love with Burt's Bees and the beauty of the two-pack means I can keep one in the bathroom and one in my bag at all times without having to keep swapping them around!

No comments:

Post a Comment