Tuesday 3 September 2013

MAYBE IT'S BABY LIPS?

I apologise for the awful quality of my photos.

 
Whilst I was in Florida this summer, Maybelline's Baby Lips came out in the UK, I'd heard a lot of people rave about them on Instagram and so I read a few reviews and decided to get one. I was actually so surprised when I heard that there were waiting lists for Baby Lips in Boots and Superdrug in the UK because I simply strolled into Target (an American supermarket) and picket one up from the masses they had in stock there.


I haven't used the Baby Lips very much (I got the clear one called 'Quenched' which I think is called 'Hydrate' in the UK, the blue one anyway) as I also got a Burt's Bees at the same time. I would describe the smell as being quite sugary and a little bit citrusy, a bit like pink lemonade. This sounds gross but it feels sort of like a roll-on deodorant when you apply it as it is a little bit smooth and slimy, but in a nice way. It is very thin on your lips, unlike most lip balms which feel quite thick on, and is kind of like a lip gloss that you buy as a child or one free from a magazine.

The bright, block colours of the packaging give a fun, pop-art vibe that is eye-catching on the shelves, another eye-catching point is the price, costing only £2.99 each I personally think that these are very reasonably priced for such a longed for and sort after product.


Despite my so far seeming-quite-negative review, I do actually like this product and am tempted to buy a tinted one. I am not as taken with it as much as everyone on Instagram so far (Instagrammers LOVE it, many of them own all six), but my views may change over more time of using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment