Saturday 12 April 2014

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

As you should all know I set myself the new years resolution of reading more which so far I am sticking to very well; but I have also set myself the new goal of trying to read less rubbishy teenage fiction (but not cut it out completely I still need those cringy stories in my life) and read more adulty fiction- PLEASE NOTE adulty fiction being fiction books aimed at adults and not adult books like 50 Shades of Grey which is what my mother thought I meant by adulty books.

I went on a wee book shop recently (meaning I only bought two instead of the five I wanted) and one of those books was 'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion. I'm not going to lie to you, when I first saw this book in Waterstones in hardback the reason I originally picked it up was the fact that the title is my name and that there is  a 3D lobster on the front. I decided to wait until the book was in paperback to get it as it actually sounded really, really good and while searching the interwebs since then and now I have unintentionally come across a lot of great things written about this book. From what I have gathered from the land of the blogs, this book is a cult storm that everyone is reading and there is no one that doesn't love it.

This is quite an easy book to read in that it has very large font, but regardless of that I finished it in four days. Personally I loved this book, it has characters which are easy to like and an engaging and compelling story line whilst also being quite humorous. For me, this is an easy read that I am currently trying to make everyone I know read as well and it is something I would definitely read more than once; it is the perfect beach read for the summer (and not just because of the lobster).

No comments:

Post a Comment