Saturday 19 April 2014

A CHILDHOOD CLASSIC

It wouldn't be Easter if we didn't have Mini Egg Nests (also hurray for the return of the Mini Egg- the superior chocolate).

You Will Need:
-A cereal of choice (I'm using Cornflakes but I know a lot of people like Rice Krispies or Bran Sticks if you want the authentic nest-look)
-Chocolate (I'm using Dairy Milk- secretly not my favourite don't tell anyone- but any chocolate is good, I recommend milk for this- though dark is my favourite- and you might need quite a lot)
-Mini Eggs (the bigger the packet the better)

You Will Also Need:
-An oven
-A fridge
-A saucepan
-A bowl
-A spoon
-Cupcake cases
-Those small weird fluffy chick things for added Easterness if you so wish
Personally I love the pirate cases

To Make:
-Break up your chocolate into individual pieces and melt over a LOW heat (mine was too hot at first and I ended up burning it).
-Taste the melted chocolate just to make sure it's melted enough or something.
-Pour the cereal into a big mixing bowl and then pour the melted chocolate over the top.
-PLEASE NOTE: there are no measurements for this recipe, you just kind of make however much you want.
-Mix the cereal and chocolate together until you can see no original cereal colour and every last bit of it is covered in chocolate.
-Put into cupcake cases and decorate with Mini Eggs or weird chicks or whatever you want (I used two Mini Eggs on each one because there wasn't room for three).
-Put into the fridge or leave out until they have set/are as hard as you want them to be (I like them to be really hard but my friend likes them to still be warm and runny).
-Eat the remaining Mini Eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment