Tuesday 10 February 2015

A NAIL WARNING

This is going to be a quicky little post that is more of a warning to those who love nail varnish. It's not about the nail varnish itself, it's about how you remove it.

I initally discovered this fact on someone else's blog but the message needs to be spread: don't use nail varnish remover with acetone in it. Acetone leaves you nails dry and prone to breakage, which is something I had majorly noticed in my own nails.

I started wearing nail varnish on a regular basis after starting sixth form last year and my nails slipped into horrible dry, ridged and breaking condition. I did switch to an Essie base coat which help with the breaking, but the dryness was awful. This is partially what inspired my New Year's Resolution of wearing less nail varnish- and I have been varnish free for the whole of January (though I do miss it).

Before buying nail varnish remover, always check the label to make sure if it's acetone free. Nearly all nail varnish removers do contain it, but those that do not contain acetone normally clearly say it on the front of the bottle. I have a cheap one for Boots but it works great for me.

On a complete side note after doing Blogmas (and so blogging every day) and starting the New Year really busy, I have slipped out my blogging mindset and I'm in kind of a slump. I'm trying to get back into my groove but I'm finding myself forgetting to actually write something and so I appologise. I'm working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment