Friday 20 February 2015

BATH JELLY

As a quick note, unfortunately I don't think this product is available from the Body Shop anymore as it was part of their Christmas range, which is only available for a limited time. To my knowledge, there are other products like this available from other brands, just not this specific one.

Every Christmas the Body Shop release three limited edition scents and a range of products in said scents, and every Christmas my mother and I go mad for a particular one. Last year it was the gingerbread, and this year was apple.

This Christmas, I was given a Body Shop limited edition 'Bath Jelly' in the scent Glazed Apple.

Starting with the scent, I mentioned countless times in Blogmas how good this smells. It's simultanelously fresh and fruity and sour and tangy. It's impossible to place exactly, but it's one of those scents that has you watering at the mouth as soon as you smell it. I literally can't get enough.

Onto the product itself, bath jelly is a weird, weird thing. I spent a fair amount of time debating how best to actually get it out of the tub and into my bath. I wondered about pouring, scooping with my hands, or even using a spoon; I went for the hands.
My main problem with how to get it in the bath stems from the fact that is seems quite runny and liquid-like when in the tub. This is not the case in reality. It was a confusing moment, sticking my hand in the tub expecting liquid, and instead finding a more solid, wobbly and distictly jelly-like product. It's difficult to describe, but what I'm trying to say is that it is literally a jelly, and not at all a lquid.

Anyway. The purpose of bath jelly is to create bubbles; you scoop it out of the tub and swirl it around your bath under running water. And it does work, bubbles are created, not as many as with a bubble bar, but there are a good number of incredible-smelling bubbles.
Saying that, and this may be due to not using enough product, I did find that the bubbles disappeared quite quickly. And, whilst there were a good number of bubbles, they were more of a thin layer than a big mound, as you would get with a bubble bar.

The consistency of the jelly means that it appears to be one of those miracle products, where you scoop out a massive bit and the rest of the product fills in the gap, making it look like you haven't touched it at all.

Overall I do like this product a lot. It smells incredible, you get a lot of product for your money and it lasts ages, and it does what it says on the tin. Though I haven't tried any others, as a general rule I would recommend bath jellies. They're a fun and unusual addition to your bath, and I think they would also make really great gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment