Sunday 23 August 2015

BOUT OF BOOKS 14.0

Just a quick note to say that my blog is now two years old, crazy!

I thought I'd do a quick post just to summarise the Bout of Books 14.0 readathon, my first ever readathon. During the week, I managed to take part in five of the Bout of Books photo challenges, which you can see on my Twitter, @Rozoid97.

In my post last Sunday, I stated that I wanted to finish 'The Invasion of the Tearling', which was my current read at the time, and then read maybe 1-1.5 more books over the course of the week. I managed to exceed this goal, and I finished 'The Invasion of the Tearling', and then read the whole of 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour' and 'The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavendar'. I am also 93 out of 194 pages through 'Stardust', which I was hoping to be able to finish tonight but I'm going to end up finishing tomorrow. Overall, over the course of the week, I managed to read 854 pages.

I'll go into more detail in my August Reading Round-Up at the end of the month, but I thought I'd briefly mention my thoughts of each of the books. I absolutely loved 'The Invasion of the Tearling', I thought it had no flaws and it was a fantastic continuation of the trilogy. Despite having the tiniest font size by far, I actually found 'The Invasion of the Tearling' to be a fast-paced read, in my opinion, the other books were actually quite slow reads, despite their large and misleading font sizes. I enjoyed 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour', though I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, I actually preferred the other Morgan Matson book I've read, which was 'Second Chance Summer'. Now 'The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender' was an interesting one, it has so many popular reviews and so many people love it, and I just didn't. I had absolutely no feelings towards it until one event in the story, which more or less made me hate it. So far, I'm enjoying 'Stardust', it's quite a slow read but I really, really love the film so I have high hopes for the rest of the book (plus it's only 194 pages long so it's super short).

No comments:

Post a Comment