Sunday 21 February 2016

SIGHH DESIGNS

I challenge anyone not to be a fan of Sighh designs. I've been following Polly (the creator of Sighh) on Instagram for a couple of years now, and I've been lusting over her products for just as long. After countless debates over what to get, I finally took the plunge and am now the very happy owner of a very beautiful (and aesthetically pleasing) phone case and to-do-list pad.

I was lucky enough to receive the phone case for Christmas, I helpfully pointed my mother towards the website and the cactus print seemed very fitting after my cactus-buying rampage during November. There are two types of phone case available, the original slimline case with the design on the back and clear plastic sides, or the new premium case where the design also goes up around the sides. The cactus design only comes in the slimline case, which I actually prefer as I like to still be able to see the beautiful gold colour of my phone. The back of the phone case, where the design is, is matte, which I absolutely love, not just because matte always looks better, but also because it's scratch proof and still looks brand new. One thing I'd also like to highlight is that the case is really easy to get on and off, so there's none of that struggle and stress that one or the other is going to break with the brute force.This phone case has stood up to the ultimate phone case test, I dropped my phone onto my friend's wooden floor and neither the phone or the case (or the floor) are damaged at all, which is perfect.
A kind-of-picture of how the slimline case looks on the sides of your phone

The second product I bought, which I'd been eyeing up for quite a while and desperately waiting to come back in stock, is the 'Today's Activities' desk pad. My order of the desk pad also included an A6 art print, which I thought was a really nice added touch. Undoubtedly, the 'Today's Activiites' desk pad is one of the most photogenic desk accessories I've ever seen. I love all things stationary and organisation, and so this little pad is absolutely perfect for me. I no longer have to keep pages and pages of notes on my phone, but can have it all here beautifully in front of me. The pad was initially thinner than I was expecting, but each sheet has over 10 little boxes and, really, how much is one person doing? For me, it's the perfect little size and the paper is think enough that you can make it all colourful and pretty without having the risk that it'll seep through. Both the desk pad and the art print are a cute little A6 size. The art print has a nice quote on it,'turn bread and water into toast and tea', which are two of my favourite things, and I love the mismatched style of the different fonts.

So I thought I'd talk briefly about the products themselves before I went on to the designs, the real reason why we're all so attracted to Sighh. The artwork is beautifully and painstakingly drawn, you can tell that a lot of love and effort goes into these designs and that anything less than perfection is not accepted. I absolutely love love love the hand-painted look of the 'Today's Activities' pad, it's definitely my favourite of all Polly's art styles. It's such a simple but effective design and I love the final imperfect-but-purposely-imperfect look it gives. The cactus design is one of Sighh's immensely popular cute and quirky styles. Other phone cases that caught my attention were the vegetable and hot chocolate cases, both of which have adorable foods with faces on them. What I really love about the design of the cactus case is that each cactus is different, it makes the case much more personal and interesting. With all these products, you can really tell that a lot of time and effort has gone into designing and making them, and they are all designed and produced to a really high quality.

Sighh is an immensely popular, home-grown, independent shop, and it really, really deserves all the hype and popularity that it gets.

Prices
Slimline Phone Case - £14.00
Desk Pad - £4.50
Art Print - £1.50

Link to the website here

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment