Thursday 26 May 2016

MAY PLAYLIST 2016

It's time once again for a monthly playlist post of old, rediscovered favourites, random music and new obsessions. You're welcome.

'Daddy Lessons'- Beyonce
The new obsession that it's only fair we mention first. This song is from Beyonce's new album and holy crap it is incredible. My dad and I are absolutely obsessed, we're having to pace ourselves with how much we listen to it. I cannot describe how good this song is.

'Daddy Lessons'- Dixie Chicks (cover)
My family and I saw the Dixie Chicks at the start of May (which was in itself incredible as they're my favourite band ever and this is the first time they've toured the UK properly in 10 years). They covered Beyonce's 'Daddy Lessons' (that's how we first heard it) and it was mind-blowingly incredible. It sounds like they could've written it themselves and I would go as far as to say that it may have been even better than the original.

'So Hard'- Dixie Chicks
Are you even surprised that the Dixie Chicks are featuring heavily in this post?

'Tonight the Heartache's on Me'- Dixie Chicks
THIS ONE IS SO GOOD.

'Make You Feel Better'- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Possibly one of the best but most underrated RHCP song of all time.

'This Ain't a Love Song'- Scouting for Girls
Scouting for Girls haven't been featured on a playlist post for a while but I still love them (especially in the summer) and I always will.

'Ole Black 'n' Blue Eyes'- The Fratellis
I don't think I've ever mentioned by love for The Fratellis on here, but my family massively overplayed it a few years ago and it's hard for us to listen to it too often now. I've been relistening to it and it is just as great as ever. (Don't overplay your favourite album, kids.)

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment