Sunday 3 November 2013

HALLOWEEN NAILS

This Halloween was an interesting one, a bunch of us went to my best friend's house and about an hour in she sliced through her hand in the gap between her thumb and first finger when carving pumpkins- typical. I'm not exagerting when I say you could see the flesh inside her hand but she ended up having to go to hospital and sit in A&E for two hours. She ended up with three stitches and can never give a thumbs up properly again whilst we all had to hang out in her house without her. It was a surreal event but typical for her.

Last Halloween (2012- party on) was the first time I'd celebrated (is that the right word?) Halloween properly for quite a few years. Last year was the traditional all-black look but this year I decided to mix it up a bit more.

Part of my look this year was nails. Nails are fun, you can paint them different colours fitting for every season and I was sadly overly pleased with mine this year. I decided to go for the alternating colours which I haven't done in a very long time (alternating nails were the bomb in year 8).
My Halloween look was an obvious choice, a mix of my new Barry M black matte and an old one- from the Boots own brand range from last Christmas in Emerald green. The green comes out much lighter than in the bottle and is also very thin so you need a good few coats before it will work properly. Matte black and glittery green are perfect for mixing up your nails a bit and making them look a bit more interesting and unusual.
There's not much to say really apart from I painted them alternating and it was very Halloween-y but I'd only done one coat so it lasted about a day and they were not looking good five days later. Nails are a quick-ish (depending on if you don't smudge them or not) and easy look and you can always find something to go with every outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment