Friday 15 November 2013

MAD ABOUT MATTE

*I am wearing the Burgundy Crush in these pictures*

I am a massive fan of matte nail varnishes- especially black, and up until now I have been having to put a matte top coat on my nails which just takes up so much time. The matte top coat I have been using is from H&M and cost only £2.99, no offence to H&M, but this product is awful, I know it's only cheap but Barry M do nail varnishes for the same price at a much higher quality. The matte looks lasts for about a day and only ever appears to work on my thumb, I love you H&M but you should really just stick to clothes.

There are no words for my excitement when I was browsing the Superdrug website and stumbled across Barry M's new matte range, I'd seen matte nail varnishes briefly in Topshop but I wasn't really taken with the colours; the Barry M range, however, is amazing. There are five different colours, black, light brown, dark brown, nude and burgundy and I want all of them. For the moment though I have got black (as I absolutely love matte black nails) and burgundy because it is the best colour ever.

Starting off with Burgundy Crush, the matte is very obvious with only one, thin coat, the one coat looks like a pale wine colour. The matte is still there with two coats, but looks less matte than it does with only one coat. Two coats give a much, much darker and definitely burgundy colour, having one thicker coat gives the same effect as two coats.
The one I was most excited for was the Black Espresso as black matte is the nicest nail look in the world ever. I am partially to this product, I have been wearing only one coat for about five days and the matte still look good but I'm not sure how I feel about this product overall. The matte does last really well however and I does actually look matte compared to the H&M topcoat which lasts about a day.

One thing I have found with all matte nail varnishes is that they appear to dry much quicker than a normal nail varnish does.
Another thing I have noticed with this nail varnish is that it looks much better on the second day of wearing it, I don't know why this is but I am more pleased with the way they look that I was when I first painted them.
I look am I wanting to try out but I haven't decided yet if it is too weird is alternating burgundy and black which I personally think will look awesome.

The one thing I don't like about Barry M is I hate their brushes, they are too thin for my liking and you often end up with quite streaky nails.
I am not overly taken with this product, I was very excited for it and it's a bit of a let down. I will be on the hunt for a higher quality matte top coat and I have heard that OPI do a very good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment