Saturday 30 November 2013

THE PERFECT PALETTE

So I haven't been wearing eye shadow for all that long and I'm a bit new at the whole thing bit I am completely in love with basic and nude palettes so I have got together a collection of my favourites. All of these palettes are under £10 as what is the point in splashing out on a Naked Palette costing £36 when you can get something a lot cheaper that has basically the same colours on the high street?

This is an awful photo but I couldn't get a decent one to show what the packaging looks like

1. Boots own palette (roughly £6)- I was given this for Christmas 2012 so sadly it is not available anymore but every year Boots bring out their own cheap makeup range with are all small and adorable and make the best gifts. I absolutely love this palette, it has six great colours that all have a slight glitter effect to them without being too overpowering.
It is definitely worth having a look at the Boots own makeup range every Christmas as last year's was really good, you can find it online in the Christmas section under 'teen beauty gifts' or in stores.
This is my favourite palette by far- you can't see well but all apart from the black are matte, the black is sparkly, and the one in the bottom right is a pale pink

2. Accessorize palette in Exposed (£8.95)- This is the most expensive palette I am going to review but it still comes to under £10 which I personally think is great for how many colours you get (32). This palette probably has every brown, pink, gold, copper or nude colour you will ever want or need in it, plus a couple of blues and a black as well. I saw this reviewed online but then couldn't find it on either the Accessorize or the Superdrug websites and had a bit of a freak that I could never have it and I wanted it, much to my great joy though they were selling it in my local Superdrug. A lot of these colours are shimmery or very VERY shimmery and I would much prefer a more matte selection for everyday use but they are great for going out or for special occasions. This palette is lovely but it is too shimmery for my taste, Accessorize have gone a little too over the top in their use of glitter here.

3. MUA (Make Up Academy) palette in Shade 12 Heaven and Earth (£4.00)- I was a bit wary of using MUA eye shadows as I have very sensitive eyes and I didn't know if cheap eye shadow would aggravate it like cheap eyeliner and mascara does but I couldn't resist this palette at £4.00 with such lovely colours. Heaven and Earth is MUA's best selling palette, and I must say it looks so much nicer in person than it does online; I was not as keen on this palette when I saw it online but now that I own it I am completely in love with it. It has the most beautiful colours that can be put together to make the prettiest eye lid ever and I just love love love this palette so much.
Another MUA palette that I wanted was Undress Me Too (also £4.00) but it was very similar to Heaven and Earth (which was my first choice) and it was always sold out in my local Superdrug so I decided to see how I got on with Heaven and Earth before I got another one; Undress Me Too is a beautiful palette though and it was an almost impossible choice deciding which one to get.
You can't easily see what some of the colours are here (sorry for natural lighting) but the top row first on the left is a creamy colour, top row third from the left is a goldy colour, and bottom row third from the left is a light beige colour.

Other beautiful palettes that I have found but won't be looking at here are:
-Soap and Glory Lid Stuff (£10)- Comes in three different choices which are all beautiful
-Flutter Pretty Purple Eye Palette (£4)- (available from Superdrug online) beautiful selection of purples, appealing even to me who is not a great fan of bright colours on my eyelids.
-The Lolita by Marc Jacobs (around £40 I believe but don't take my word on it)- Very pretty but you can still get great dupes on the high street for a much more reasonable price.
-Nude Tude Eyeshadow Palette by The Balm (£26)- I love this but (as you may already know) I am not a fan of spending overly large amounts of money on things like this; absolutely adorable packaging though.

I am thinking of starting a MAC palette in pinks, browns, neutrals and maybe a white, but as they are super expensive (£10 each) I am currently unsure. Much to my great joy though, MAC do palettes in a smaller size to fit only four eye shadows pans; still expensive but much cheaper than a full palette, and also perfect for holiday-ing as it is small and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment