Sunday 30 March 2014

A DISAPPOINTING REALISATION

This will only be a very quick post, but something I have come to realise recently is just how bad Barry M is for your nails. I have been using the Barry M clear nail varnish/bottom coat for quite a while now and I have come to realise that it is more or less ruining my nails.
I have found that the top layer of my nails (NOT the nail varnish bit- the actual nail) always peels away really easily and it is doing it a lot more recently, and I have blamed the Barry M bottom coat for the problem.

In order to combat this problem I have thrown away my clear Barry M nail varnish for good and have resorted to investing in some more expensive nail care products. I was very impressed with Essie's 'After School Boy Blazer' so I decided to go for one of their bases- the 'Grow Stronger' base coat. According to the reviews this prevented peoples nails from peeling and splitting, and was a great streak-free base for their nail varnish. I have also notice that it goes on very thick which is a good thing in my books; it also looks pink in the bottle but goes on quite clear and is basically a 'you nails but better' natural look.

I will report back on how well this works as I first have to grow out the tops of my nails that are splitting but I will hopefully be able to go back to wearing a normal base coat (not Barry M though) sooner rather than later. So far, though, it appears to be working quite well as it has not chipped off AT ALL and there is no new peeling bits on my nails. I am hoping to still be able to wear Barry M colours as I feel they should be okay as long as there is a stronger base coat underneath.

Essie 'Grow Stronger'- £8.99 in Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment