Sunday 2 March 2014

CH-CH--CH-CH-CHANGES

I am immensely technologically challenged which is why I will, sadly, never get my blog to look as pretty as I want it to as I simply do not know how (if anyone does know how to change a blog layout and make it pretty it would be extremely useful if someone told me how).

I have actually recently changed the way my blog looks because I wasn't a fan of the pink stripes (I do actually miss it however, it's weird seeing my blog without it). I like the sophistication of the white background but I also really love the colour of the spots; I haven't finished playing around with it yet as I still want to fix up the side bar a bit as it's a bit (*lot) boring- as long as I work out how to input my Bloglovin' thingy in (I have Bloglovin' now follow me)- and I also want to make a banner/header for myself somehow.

Another slight change I have made to my blog is a page entitled 'Syndicat D'initiative' which lives on my homepage and is an 'about me' page which also contains other links of where to find me on the interwebs (big step that). But overall I am pretty happy with how my blog is looking at the moment.

Anyway, the main point of this post and the biggest change (apart from the new blog look) is to let y'all know that I have decided to change my blog URL. I HATED 'roseteabags' because it sounds exactly like a 14 year olds pastel and Starbucks themed Instagram account which is not what I had wanted. Originally I had wanted 'Vagablonde' (which is why it is the name of my blog) or 'teabags' but both of those had been taken by people who haven't blogged since 2009 (grrrr). The reason I chose 'roseteabags' originally was so I could have 'teabags' but it also linked to my name (Rosie- you should know that). People who have not blogged in years should not be allowed to keep all the good URLs, they should have them taken away as a punishment for hogging them.

After deciding that I wanted my URL to be a single word, I spent many months choosing what I wanted it to be. I prefer single word blog URLS as they are so much simpler and I believe they look nicer. Anyhoo, I have decided to go for 'Rozoid' - Rozoid is the nickname given to me years ago by my father's best friend and it's one that I really, really love and is also simple and easy- plus my blog will still be linked to my name.

I will always have some sentimental attachment to 'roseteabags' but it just sounds too childish and I have grown to resent my blog being called that over the past few months. The only thing left to do now is work out how to actually change my URL...

So that is about it, PLEASE NOTE after today this blog will no longer be roseteabags.blogspot.com but you can find me at rozoid.blogspot.com which will be exactly the same blog just with a different URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment