Wednesday 20 August 2014

BON ANNIVERSAIRE

I'd wanted to post this on the actual day my first blog post was posted as a kind of anniversary but I will be at Reading Festival on the actual day (the 23rd is on this Saturday). But anyway, on 23rd August 2013 'roseteabags' was born. The desire to start a blog came to me on my family holiday to Florida in the summer of 2013 and I haven't looked back since.

We jumped right in there in August with a '50 Facts About Me' post that was written in the notes section of my phone on the beach and then transferred to the computer screen. September was an experimental month deciding what I'd like to include in my blog content so we started there with lip balm (my favourite). October was quite exciting at the time, having the first 'favourites' post and dedicating the entire month to skin care products; and then November arrived with the first baking post. Weird nostalgic throwback to the much-loved September-December period and finding my feet.

On December 1st, we started our first '25 Days of Blogging Christmas' which involved blogging every single day up until December 25th and was, miraculously, completed with a whopping 25 posts being uploaded that month. Also in December, we hit 500 pages views which was an amazing achievement and we are currently on the mid 900s. We saw in the new year with a book review resolution (that feels like yesterday) and soon afterwards in the February, our first (of hopefully many) travel posts was published.

At the end of February 2014 and early March we underwent the first (probably) change to the blog layout, going from pink stripes to a more complexly designed (in my eyes) purple spots with added extras including an 'About Me' page. And then, also in the March, 'rozoid' was born in the place of 'roseteabags' and we entered a new stage of a more sophisticated and less childlike looking blog.

June and July saw some more blog content changes as monthly goals and playlists posts were added in June, and the idea of more picture-based posts and days out, etc. was started in July. In August we also had our first look-book post which, though being long and difficult to photograph due to outfit changes and weather changes, I was actually really pleased with in the end and will hopefully do some more of. September also sees the coming of many holiday photos posts, and Blogmas 2014 is already being planned!

I'd just like to thank everyone who has stuck by us and carried on reading this blog for an entire year, your support means a lot and I'm excited to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment