Wednesday 20 August 2014

READING FESTIVITIES

As of tomorrow I head off on the scary and unknown journey of my first ever music festival, Reading 2014. As a very experienced camper I thought I'd give my tips on camping and also a mini 'What's in my Bag' post.

Tips:
-Read the reviews on your tent before you buy it; you want to know what you're letting yourself in for.
-Don't bring anything expensive or that you really like; especially to a festival, you will regret it.
-Don't forget your wellies.
-Bug bite cream is essential.
-Be prepared for a lack of proper sleep.
-If you're going to a festival, bring your own breakfast stuff and some form of healthy snack, you will be eating complete crap the whole time you're there unless you're prepared to cook your own food and you will end up craving some form of healthy stuff.
-Bring toner for your face as you will unlikely be spending large amounts of time washing your face with your normal fancy foaming face wash and toner at least stops drastic breakouts.
-Be prepared for the camping spot, it is inevitable, you will always get the one uber spot every time you go camping (bring spot cream, and also bring a mirror).
-Don't go all-out on makeup, everyone else will look awful and it's a nightmare to try and put on and take off loads in a tent.
-Dry shampoo is everything.
-French plaits are also everything.
-By the second day the ground will be gross, camping chairs are essential.
Potential new background? Makes the fanny pack look 'instagram cute' and arty...

What's in my Fanny Pack:
Yes, you heard me correctly, I am bringing a fanny pack, I own a fanny pack, no shame (a little bit of shame). (Fanny pack from Bag Base on Amazon, under £5).
-Rubbish Nokia brick phone; for contacting people around the site, plus will never, ever run out of battery.
-Antibacterial hand gel and wet wipes; festivals are dirty.
-Money; for food and merch.
-Disposable camera; safer than bringing your nice digital camera and super cool looking pictures at the end of it all.
-Vaseline; I don't normally use it much so it is disposable if need be.
-Snacks.
It's all very green...

No comments:

Post a Comment