Sunday 3 August 2014

PLANE JANE

For this post I tried out a new way of taking photos using bedding as I'm not keen on my old way, not sure how I feel about this way either so bare with for the next few posts :)

Back in February, I made a post about my plane hand luggage for my AS geography trip to Barcelona (worst trip of my life, but lettuce not focus on that). So it's coming up for the summer holidays, and I'm going to Barcelona- again. But this time with my holiday group (there are 22 of us and our parents all went to uni together and every year we go on holiday together, normally to the Lake District or France, so everyone is very overexcited about Spain); and super duper exciting is we're getting the same flight as my bestie (I pity all the other people on the plane who have to listen to me and him and our younger brothers kick each other for three hours).
I thought, since I've already done a carry-on bag post, I'd do a beauty plane essentials because no one wants to look gross and covered in plane gunk when they land.

We'll start with the essentials:
If you are carrying these in your carry-on bag, you must make sure that you get sizes to fit the airlines liquids policy, Boots, Superdrug and Body Shop do mini ranges of some popular brands/items. 
-Wet Wipes: for general cleanliness and for stopping yucky greasy face.
-Antibacterial Hand Gel: in case you touch something you don't want to (like sticky plane chairs).
-Moisturiser: planes dehydrate your skin and it is important to have healthy skin.
-Hand Cream: you could probably use your moisturiser for this, but it's just an added luxury.
-Body Butter: I heard that body butter and/or cocoa butter is really good for making your tan last longer and I fully intend to tan while in Spain (not going to happen) so I picked up one of Body Shop's mini versions of their body butters to make that happen.
-Deodorant: you don't want to smell on the plane, do you?
-Body Spray: so your clothes also smell nice.
If you can't tell I am a certified over-packer. 

The non-essentials:
-Concealer: because planes dehydrate your skin, I don't tend to wear foundation on the flight until maybe the very end, concealer just covers your blemishes without being too heavy.
-Eyeliner: so I don't look weird and dead and makeup less.
-Mascara: so your eyelashes don't look overpowered by waterline eyeliner.
-Lip Balm No.1: purely for self-indulgence (don't worry, there's another two in my suitcase).
-Lip Balm No.2: one with SPF for sunbathing, because sunburnt lips are the worst thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment