Monday 12 January 2015

A NEW YEARS PLAYLIST

It's only fitting to have a new playlist post to discuss the music that has brought me into 2015.

30 Minute Break- The Luka State
The Luka State are a band I hadn't heard of until recently but they definitely need more recognition. This song is fantastic and the video is absolutely amazing. I'm in love.

You've Got Time- Regina Spektor
It's the theme song for 'Orange is the New Black' and it's so amazing. I like to cry to this song.

Follow Your Arrow- Kacey Musgraves
An unknown fact about me is how much I really, truly love country music. Kacey Musgraves is a new discovery for my family and we love love love her. 'Follow your Arrow' is such an incredible song, I've had it on repeat for over two weeks now and I challenge anyone to not want to sing along.

Next Year- Two Door Cinema Club
These next few songs are from a mixed CD that my best friend made me for Christmas (never underestimate these as gifts even in modern times- it's one of the most important things I own), the majority of these bands are ones I'd never properly listened to before. Basics this song is amazing and it's the perfect song to dance to and I love it.

Breezeblocks- Alt J
It's impossible to understand the lyrics to this song but I love it nonetheless. There's not all that much I can say about it apart from it's great. And I am awful at talking about music.

Daniel in the Den- Bastille 
I'm not totally 'there' with modern music, I prefer older stuff or stuff that's not big on the mainstream chart so I'm only making assumptions here. As I've heard nothing about this, I am assuming that it's one of Bastille's lesser-known songs, but holy cow if it is it needs more recognition. EVERYONE needs to know about it because it's incredible and wow.

Left the Broken- Bethan Leadley 
I'm not going to lie, my love for this song surprised me. Bethan Leadley is a Youtuber (more commonly known as 'Musical Bethan') that I watched a lot aged fourteen (I'm seventeen now) but I hadn't thought about for quite a while. There's no denying that she's not incredibly talented and I am well and truly in love with this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment