Friday 23 January 2015

IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO MATCH YOUR LIPS AND NAILS?

Yes. I do believe it is.

But colour choice should be well planned. Par example, I would personally not wear red lips with red nails as I feel it would be a bit too much (though I juxtapose myself on 'bit too much' later*), but each to their own.

The colours I would choose to match lips and nails with are berry, nude and black (*can black and black be considered a 'bit too much'?). Obviously berry and berry works, being the classic Autumn/Winter combo; and nude and nude works for a classic, sophisticated, and also 90's look. Personally I think black and black would look good together, though you do have to be quite brave to whip it out at any other time than Halloween.

As I am yet to find the right shade of nude lipstick to suit my face, I will discuss the berries. When matching lips and nails, I quite like the shades of be almost identical. My almost-identical shades here are an Accessorize lipstick in 'Infatuated', and an Essie nail varnish in 'Bahama Mama'.
I find it really difficult to photograph lipstick, but the bullet colour is basically exactly the same as the colour on the label 
Essie 'Bahama Mama'

'Infatuated' was my first ever lipstick and it's so beautiful, I am pleasantly surprised by Accessorize's makeup range (they also do good nail varnishes). Being a non-matte lipstick, it can get quite messy, and I would recommend not eating whilst wearing it. 'Bahama Mama' was on my wishlist for about a year and it does not disappoint. It's the perfect berry shade, and the quality of Essie nail varnishes is brilliant. The two products are basically the same shade, which I love.

Accessorize lipstick- Around £5.49 (Superdrug)
Essie nail varnish- £7.99 (Boots or Superdrug)

No comments:

Post a Comment