Thursday 1 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope everybody had a good News Years Eve and I wish you all the best for 2015. Here's my simple, smart-casual, conveniently themed outfit and makeup of last night.

Outfit:
I went for the simple blue and black theme this year, pairing the Topshop top below (see picture) with black high-waisted jeans (Topshop Jamie jeans), a leather jacket and black Dr Martens boots. It's basic but it works so damn well.

Makeup:
For eye makeup I went with one of my all-time favourite eyeshadows from the Sleek 'Oh So Special' palette, named 'Organza'. 'Organza' is the most beautiful shimmery copper colour that is, again, so simple but so effective. I really, really love this shade. Having blue eyes, more orangey colours are meant to make the blue in your eyes stand out more.

For lipstick I went for the classic, matte, berry of Topshop's 'Beguiled'. Everyone knows my love of berry coloured lips and nails, and it's a beautiful look that I've found is no where near as high maintainance as red lipstick. Plus mattes are always easier to work with.

Nails:
In sticking with the black abd blue theme, I've gone with a nail varnish by 'Seventeen' called 'Navy Glint'. This also has glitter in it which I've really been loving recently and it's such a beautiful nail varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment