Friday 13 March 2015

BEDROOM BITS-AND-BOBS HAUL

I have been in the process of redoing my bedroom for the past two years, every time a holiday rolls around I promise I'm going to repaint it... This summer is going to be the one though. In February I took a mini trip to Ikea, so I thought I'd do a haul of what I got there, along with a few other bedroom-related things that I got for Christmas.

Ikea Fake Flowers 
67p each
I like having flowers in my room, but a lot of the time they're just not practical with the amount of space a vase takes up and the amount of leaves and petals dropped. I keep my fake flowers in a Fentimans Rose Lemonade bottle, which you can buy in Waitrose (it helps to drink it first); I love the cute, vintage look of these bottles.

Ikea Vanilla Candle
95p
I can't resist a good candle, especially one coming in at the beautiful price of under £1. For a cheap candle, the smell is incredible, I have yet to light it, but my whole room smells amazingly and noticeably of vanilla. Vanilla is one of my favourite candle scents.

Ikea Garden Pot
£2
Everyone and their mum on Instagram has the iconic white Ikea garden pot, but I actually prefer this one. These pots are so useful for storing things and tidying away clutter, I think I'm going to use mine for my ever-growing nail varnish collection.

Ikea Cushion
£7
I'd wanted a cushion for my desk chair because it has a hard back and I spend a lot of time there working. I love this cushion, despite the fact that my father told me he hates the design, and my mother looked at me like I was mad when I chose it. It's so quirky and weird and slightly horrible, I am very much in love with it.

Wild Fig Yankee Candle
Around £8
The first of the bedroom items I got for Christmas, the scent is very strong and I'm not sure where I stand on it. I can only light it for short periods of time, and it has the tendency to start melting in direct sunlight.

Cactus
This was part of my secret Santa present from my friend, I've already made the fatal mistake of grabbing the spikes. This is my second cactus, they're so cute and low maintenance as they're not something that has to be watered regularly.

Coaster
I'd wanted another coaster for my room so that I didn't have to keep transferring my coaster from the bedside table to the desk and back again whenever I wanted tea.

Rose Fairy Lights
These are my favourite thing in my recent bedroom haul, my parents bought then from the Ideal Home Christmas show in December. I'd wanted fairy lights to put in my room for ages, but I wasn't a fan of the LED ones which appear to be the only thing you can buy these days. What I love about these is not only the fact that they are roses (my favourite flower due to the influence of my name), but that they look really pretty when they're not turned on, and you almost never need to turn them on they make such a good decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment