Saturday 21 March 2015

INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY LEVELS

As a self-confessed procrastinator, I have been working hard this past year to up my productivity levels and to work harder. I'm doing well, so I thought I'd share my tips on how to increase productivity levels and get the shit done.

Set a Reasonable To-Do List for Each Day
This is one of the most important things on here. Always be reasonable when planning your day- don't set yourself too many tasks because you will just increase the amount of stress and pressure you put on yourself. You won't feel good if you've been over-adventurous and can't complete everything on your list. Make your to-do list tiny, then you will feel way more productive and positive if you complete your goals and then some.

Motivate Yourself as soon as You Wake Up and get Excited About what you can Achieve
This is pretty self-explanatory, be excited about how much you're going to get done (even if it's just a tiny bit), and this should help motivate you to complete it.

Start at a Reasonable Hour
Don't try and start too early or you won't feel motivated, and then you'll feel bad about yourself if you don't start early like you wanted to. I tend to start working at around 10:30am-11:00am, then I can lie in bed, get ready and organise and plan my day before I start.

Get Up
Be up and ready before you start working- wash your face, brush your teeth, have a shower, do your hair, get dressed. You'll feel much more productive than if you try and work in pjs.

Organise Everything First
Organise your folders, books, pieces of paper, stationary, whole desk-area before you start, then you won't have to keep getting up and down and interrupting your work to fetch things you've forgotten.

Have an Internet Binge
Scroll through the Internet, watch pointless Youtube videos, check your social media. All before you start working. If you look at everything that distracts you first, then if you try and look there later, there won't be anything to look at, so you'll have to work. Flawless logic.

Make a Drink
Bring a cup of tea with you when you start working- it's nice.

Have a Tidy Workspace
This is so important when preparing to work. A messy workspace means you can't find anything you need, everything is chaotic and it personally stresses me out even more. Before I work I always sort out my desk so that the only things on it are things I will need for that one piece of work, and then I can rotate stuff around between tasks.

Reward Yourself
It's important to give yourself targets so that you have something to motivate yourself towards achieving. For example, awarding yourself with a snack, Youtube video, few pages of a book, once you've completed each task. Also important is giving yourself breaks, I take a break each time I finish a piece of work, but breaks in the middle of long tasks are important as well for keeping up momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment