Sunday 31 May 2015

2015 READING CHALLENGE: MAY ROUND-UP

In May, I read 3 in total, meaning that I have read 26 books so far in 2015, and am 87% of the way through my reading challenge.

In May, I started reading the fourth volume of Game of Thrones, 'A Feast for Crows' (by George R.R. Martin), and I am currently 254 pages out of 852 pages through it. I've been very busy this month with five upcoming deadlines, so I haven't had much time to read. In May, I also started 'The Raven Boys' by Maggie Stiefvater (which I am really loving), and I am currently 394 pages through it, out of 454.

In my April Round-Up, I mentioned that I had started and not yet finished 'A Darker Shade of Magic' by V.E.Schwab. In the end I decided that it just isn't the book for me, it's far to slow-paced and I wasn't engaged with the story that much, so I decided not to carry on reading it.

Books Read

1. 'The Elite'- Kiera Cass
I read the first book in this series, 'The Selection', in April and I fell in love. It was basically 'Miss Congeniality' in a book, with princesses and slushy romance and ahhhh. I enjoyed the 'The Elite', though no where near as much as 'The Selection'. America annoyed me far too much with her indecisiveness in this book, but apart from that I enjoyed this book a lot. I am so glad that I didn't discover this series until all three of the original books were out (more on that later), as there's no way I would've been able to wait for the third...

2. 'The One'- Kiera Cass
I won't say much about this as it's the final book in the original 'Selection' series (don't worry, I'm getting to the explanation, see below). I really enjoyed this book, I think the first will remain my favourite of the series, but this was a really great ending and I would highly recommend this series, I absolutely loved it.

3. 'The Hier'- Kiera Cass
In my defence here, I did not intend to read 'The Hier' quite so soon. It just so happened that the library decided to stock it as soon as it came out (which I didn't think would happen), but I couldn't not pause reading Game of Thrones to read this instead. I enjoyed this book, I flew through it in about four days, but another 'Selection' series really was not needed. The book is good, and I would recommend it to fans of the original series, but it just does not live up to the previous three books. I really enjoyed the scenes though where you got to see the four siblings just being siblings together and not royalty, those were really lovely and heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment