Monday 18 May 2015

IN THE MOOD FOR A CHAT

This is a post that I'd never considered doing before, but I love watching chatty Youtube videos and I was wondering if it would work in the form of a blog post. (It probably won't). Basically I'm in the mood for a chat and the radio silence on my blog for the past (over) two weeks needs to be addressed.

So yes, I've been neglecting my blog awfully at the moment, but it's that time of the year where any blogger in full-time education becomes non-existent in the bloggersphere. As we speak, I currently have one college deadline due in today (which I have done all the work for, don't worry), four more college deadlines looming in the first week of June, and then my English Lit. A2 exam coming up on June 11th. It's safe to say I'm busy. And stressed.

It's taken me a while to get back into my blogging groove after Christmas, I found that this happened last year, and it's not being helped by the lack of time and (secretly) forgetting to blog in the first couple of weeks of every month. I am also failing at posting a monthly favourites post, if we go way back to January, I had such ideas for this, but I have literally no favourites, I'm not changing up any of the things I'm using, I'm not using anything new, it's boring. So we will most likely hold on that until the summer (I always find I use new things in the summer). I do have a few ideas for posts for the rest of May, but it's getting late in the month and all these things involve effort and energy that I do not have. I'm planning an outfit of the day post to showcase my most favourite new item of clothing, but I always find myself comparing my ootd posts to other people's, and mine just never look as good. I'm also planning a post about concealers, but that means researching good high street concealers, and then actually having to leave my house to go and buy one. Sigh. The laziness is real. (I've also been wanting to redesign my blog for ages, but I am not at all good with technology and so that is a time consuming activity, and it will still never look as good as any other blog).

In other, immensely exciting news, my great aunt and uncle were on TV last Wednesday. BBC2 did a programme called the 'Great British Garden Watch', and they were picked to be on it, which is so unbelievably cool and exciting and I did go overboard with the tweeting. On the topic of tweeting, I can't remember if I mentioned the fact that I've set up a blog twitter @rozoid97 which you should check out. In other TV watching, I've been really enjoying Peter Kay's 'Car Share', which is hilarious, and I love Peter Kay a lot.

I'm currently waiting for my library books to arrive, I've got 'The Heir' by Kiera Cass, 'The Raven Boys' by Maggie Stiefvater, and 'Crown of Midnight' by Sarah J. Maas on their way, which is exciting (I'm especially excited for 'The Heir' after marathoning the rest of the series). I had an incredible reading month back in March, though since then I've had this mini slump lurking over me, and I can sense its return coming... I am worried. In other, more random news, I've been feeling really motivated fitness-wise these past couple of weeks, I'm searching for a yoga class, aiming to eat my five-a-day, and I'm tempted to buy a fitness DVD. What is happening to the world.

And there you have it. A spontaneous ramble about a few irrelevant things, I hope you enjoyed.

Rosie 

(I'm think about starting to sign off when I blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment