Wednesday 15 July 2015

MY SUMMER HOLIDAY TBR

For those who don't know, TBR stands for 'To Be Read'. This is just going to be a quick post of the books I definitely, definitely want to read over the course of the summer holidays, a.k.a July and August.

1. 'The Dream Thieves'- Maggie Stiefvater
This is probably my most anticipated book of the summer, I read the first book in the Raven Boys series in May, and I absolutely loved it. I've been excited for months to read the second book, but I've been desperately trying to hold off until my holidays. I'm beyond excited to read this.

2. 'Blue Lily, Lily Blue'- Maggie Stiefvater
This is the third book in the Raven Boys series, and obviously I can't not read it. The cover for this book is beyond beautiful, I don't know how I'm possibly going to be able to wait till 2016 for the fourth and last book in the series to come out.

3. 'The Invasion of the Tearling'- Erika Johansen
I read the first book in this trilogy, 'The Queen of the Tearling', in the early months of this year, and the second one is coming out tomorrow, 16th July. I loved the first book and I'm really excited to see where the series is going.

4. 'Hier of Fire'- Sarah J. Maas
This is the third book in the Throne of Glass series, and basically I'm tyring to read the whole series so far before the fourth book comes out in September/October. This is going to be a six book fantasy series, plus one book of five novellas, it's very popular and I'd highly recommend.

5. 'The Kiss of Deception'- Mary E. Pearson
I've heard incredible things about this book, I've heard it has one of the biggest and most amazing plot twists and I've been dying to read this book for months. It finally comes out in paperback in August and I'm so excited.

6. 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' (trilogy)- Jenny Han
I've been really in the mood for a summer contemporary recently, I'm thinking something along the lines of 'We Were Liars', being set on the beach with romance and beach houses, etc., you know what I mean. I've heard good things about this trilogy, it sounds exactly like what I've been looking for, and I'm planning to read the entire trilogy over the summer months.

7. 'Second Chance Summer'- Morgan Matson
Another summer contemporary with the same kind of beach themes as 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' trilogy. The summer is the most perfect time for contemporary reads, and I've been really in the mood for them recently. I've never read a Morgan Matson books before but I've heard really good things about her.

8. 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour'- Morgan Matson 
I'm really in the mood for a road trip book after reading 'Paper Towns', and this sounded the perfect mix of road trip and summer contemporary. This book is exactly what I'm in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment