Wednesday 22 July 2015

THE CONCEALER COMPARISON

I've been using the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Shade 1 for about a year now, but recently I've been wanting to try something new. I made a list of various concealers I was interested in from brands including Rimmel, Bourjois and L'Oreal. After trying them all out in Superdrug, I settled on the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the shade Ivory, a cult favourite that I hadn't really considered until now. In my opinion, Rimmel is one of the best highstreet makeup brands.

I've heard that the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is quite drying on your skin, I've always had dry skin, but I've been wondering lately if using the Collection concealer has anything to do with making it worse. I can't report back on whether or not the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is drying, however I have noticed that it's smoother and can be blended in so much better than the Collection concealer, without leaving noticable, slightly flakey makeup patches in its wake.

Another thing I've found that makes Rimmel Wake Me Up so much better than Collection Lasting Perfection is the colour matching. The Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory is a much, much better match for my skin colour, so much so that I can't actually see it when it's on my skin. The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Shade 1 seems noticably way too light for my skin, whereas the Shade 2 is far too orange.

Don't get me wrong, I have been pleased with the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, I think it's a bit thicker than the Rimmel Wake Me Up one, meaning that it gives spots slightly better coverage. It's just far too noticable and drying on my skin, whereas the Rimmel one appears to be much better suited to my skin type and much more subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment