Tuesday 29 March 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY - BOOKS ON MY TBR

If you remember back a couple of months ago, I made a post talking about a new idea I'd had called 'Top Ten Tuesday'. The premise is simple, on a Tuesday (but not every Tuesday) I will post a list of my 'top ten' of a certain thing. I do love a good list. So, to start us off with the first ever Top Ten Tuesday post, here's the top ten books on my TBR (To Be Read) list.

1. Anne of Windy Willows
Anne of Green Gables is my favourite book series of all time, but I've never gotten past the third book. This is the fourth book in the series and this is going to be the year that I finally read it.

2. The Handmaid's Tale
The sound of this book really appeals to me and I've wanted to read it for ages, so I probably should soon.

3. Great Expectations
I watched and loved the BBC TV mini series of Great Expectations when it was on a couple of years ago, but I feel like I was too young to properly read Dickens at the time. I've read A Christmas Carol twice since and I love it, so it's high time I have a go at another Dickens' novel.

4. Sense and Sensibility
Every year I read a Jane Austen book, and this year is going to be the year of Sense and Sensibility. (Again, I love the film of this).

5. The Grisha Trilogy
I've wanted to read this trilogy for a while now; I read and really enjoyed Leigh Bardugo's other book, 'Six of Crows', so I have high hopes for the trilogy it's based on.

6. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
As with many of these books, they're books I just haven't got round to reading yet. I've read the Hobbit a couple of times and watched the Lord of the Rings films multiple times, and I have no idea why I haven't read the books yet.

7. Bossy Pants
Last year I went on a bit of a mini rampage and read loads of books by female comedians, but I never got the chance to read Tina Fey's book and I want to rectify that because she is great.

8. Love Nina
My best friend recommended this to me years ago but I've never got round to reading it.

9. Illuminae
This book has been on my TBR list on Goodreads since I first heard about it in March 2015. I've heard countless amazing things about it and there is no excuse for why I haven't read it yet.

10. The Cuckoo's Calling
I want to read more murder mystery books and Robert Galbraith, aka J.K. Rowling, seems like a pretty good place to start. My mum loves these books, I've heard only great things and obviously I trust Galbraith's/Rowling's storytelling and writing abilities!

I refuse to believe that it's the end of March already.
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment