Sunday 27 March 2016

WHY EASTER IS THE BEST

I love Easter. Easter is great. As a non-religious person, it's (for me) a day dedicated to eating chocolate and those are the type of days I love best. Because Easter is appreciated, but not as much as Christmas is, I've made a list of 10 reasons why Easter is the best. (Spoiler alert: as with Christmas, I love Easter mostly because of the food).

1. Chocolate
Obviously I had to start with this one, it's secretly what we all think about when we think about Easter. There's something extra appealing about chocolate in the shape of an egg. I swear it tastes better that way.

2. The Smell of Warm Hot Cross Buns
Is there any better smell in the world that hot cross buns heating up in the toaster? No. Is there anything better than warm hot cross buns covered with melted butter? No.

3. Hot Cross Buns Themselves
I know they're basically the same as regular old tea cakes, but I get excited every year for the return of the hot cross bun. I could probably live off them (plus they count towards your five-a-day).

4. That Spring Feeling
You know what I'm talking about, that happy, fresh, warm feeling you get at Springtime when the weather's good but you can't put it into words.

5. Easter Books
Every year since we were little, my mum has got us a book for Easter as well as an Easter egg, and every year I'm more excited for the book that for the egg. My mum always buys me fantastic books and my Easter book is one of the best things about today. (This year's Easter books pictured above).

6. No Work
I should be at work today but it's shut so I have the day off and that is a wonderful thing.

7. Easter 2006
Because that was the year Easter was on my 9th birthday and it was the best day ever. FUN FACT. Easter 2017 is also going to be on my birthday (and I'm going to be 20 WHAT).

8. Chocolate (Again)- Specifically Mini Eggs
Mini Eggs are my favourite chocolate ever (alongside Chocolate Orange- see above picture).

9. Easter Holidays
Two weeks off college, woooo!

10. Better Weather (Hopefully)
We've recently had a couple of really nice, really warm, proper Spring days, followed by a week of cold and bad weather each time. The weather should hopefully pick up soon, but saying that it's a full-blown thunder storm as I write this.

Happy Easter!
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment