Tuesday 8 March 2016

MARCH PLAYLIST 2016

I've been rediscovering some old favourites recently, both songs and bands, and also being introduced to some new stuff that I thought I'd share today.

As Lovers Go (Ron Fair Remix)- Dashboard Confessional
I've always said that Shrek 2 has one of the best movie soundtracks ever, I've loved it since childhood and I recently rediscovered it. As you've guessed, this is one of the songs from Shrek 2 and it is absolutely incredible. It's beyond incredible. Don't underestimate the fact that it comes from Shrek, it's a stunning song.

(Other songs from Shrek I'd recommend are 'Accidentally in Love' by Counting Crows, 'You're So True' by Joseph Arthur and the first Shrek film soundtrack, which is also pretty fab).

Lodi- Creedence Clearwater Revival
I'm pretty sure I've spoken about CCR in every recent playlist post but I just really love them. I'm so in love with this song, it's beautiful and perfect and it's one of my most favourite songs ever.

Therapy- All Time Low
My brother and I went to see All Time Low at the O2 in February and they were incredible; we've loved them for about five years and this was the second time we've seen them. Therapy has always been one of ATL's best songs but it is nothing compared to when it's played live. It was beyond stunning and it's incomparable. Therapy is one of the greatest live songs in the world from any band.

Old Scars/ Future Hearts- All Time Low
After seeing them live, I've rediscovered my love for All Time Low. This is the title song from their latest album and I was never that keen on it before, but damn was I wrong. It's fantastic.

Bail Me Out- All Time Low (ft. Joel Madden)
This sounds just like a classic, fun, up-beat, party-like All Time Low song and that's just why I love it.

Dancing With a Wolf- All Time Low
I've just been listening to a lot of All Time Low recently.

Stupid- Brendan Maclean
This song is one that I've discovered from listening to the Welcome to Night Vale podcast, who have a 'weather' section in each episode where they play a song from an independent, relatively unheard of band. Most of the time I'm not all that big a fan of the 'weather' songs but I challenge anyone not to listen to and love this one. It's definitely my favourite of all Night Vale weather.

(Other Welcome to Night Vale weather songs that I'd like to take a moment to recommend are 'True Trans Soul Rebel' by Against Me!, 'Sharon' by Good San Juan and 'Thinking of Milk' by Tristan Haze. And also just Welcome to Night Vale in general).

Happy listening!
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment