Friday 15 July 2016

OBLIGATORY PLANE POST

As everyone else does around this time of year, I'm doing a post on what's in my plane carry-on bag for my 9 hour (cry) flight next week. I love these posts, I love seeing what other people have in their handbags and carry-on bags, so for me this is a lot of fun.

Firstly, a little bit of 'admin', the basics before you even think about packing your carry-on: The Bag. My carry-on bag is my black classic Fjallraven Kanken bag, which I got for Christmas and have featured in an outfit of the day post on the blog before. Whilst we're on the topic, now seems a good enough time to talk about what I'll actually be wearing on the plane. Planes are cold so I'm going to be wearing my Topshop Jamie jeans (my favourite jeans, and also the only pair of trousers I'm bringing on holiday with me, it's going to be hot), and a thick jumper. I'm also wearing my bulkiest shoes, so that I don't have to pack them in my suitcase and take up too much room.

There are three main categories to the carry-on bag: 'listening material', 'reading material' and 'everything else'. I'm bringing all this stuff but, frankly, we all know I'm just going to spend the entire journey watching films.

Listening Material
There are two things I want to mention in particular for my listening material, so we'll start with the latest edition to my iPod. Hamilton. I haven't spoken about Hamilton on my blog yet but, like everyone else in the world, I am OBSESSED. It's one of the best, most clever things I've ever listened to and it's the only thing I'm listening to at the moment. My whole family is absolutely loving it and I know it's going to be basically the only thing we listen to over the next few months (we're already so excited for October 2017 when it's coming to the UK).

The other thing I wanted to mention is Audible, which is another one of mine and my mother's new obsessions. In the spirit of summer, the audiobook I've downloaded for the holiday is 'Since You've Been Gone' by Morgan Matson, which I've already started and am really enjoying. I've heard so many fabulous things about it and I know it's going to be the perfect summer read listen. I'm really enjoying Audible and I'd highly recommend it. (I'm on a one credit a month contract, in case you were wondering).

Also included in listening material is your own headphones, as the free ones they give you on the plane are really uncomfy.

Reading Material
As with the listening material, there are two main things in my reading material. We'll start with magazines, which I'm planning to stock up on at the airport. I haven't decided on which ones to get yet, but I know a copy of Heat magazine will definitely be featuring in there somewhere.

The other part of my reading material is, obviously, the book I'm currently reading. I'm bringing two books on holiday with me, as I don't tend to read that much when I'm away, and I'm so excited for both of them. The book I'm currently reading is 'A Court of Mist and Fury' by Sarah J. Maas (SO excited to have this one), and I'm also bringing 'The Unexpected Everything' by Morgan Matson, which I know is going to be the perfect summer read. Both of these are quite long and I know I'm going to just love both of them.

Everything Else
The everything else section of this post is a couple of random things in my bag that I think would be good to have on the plane with you; all of the 'wash bag' variety. Firstly, wipes, both hand and face. Wet wipes are just really useful to have and I more or less never leave the house without a packet in my bag (ditto tissues). Face wipes are also really useful to have on a plane, as it's more difficult to wash your face properly, but face wipes can help to keep it clean and reduce the chance of the plane doing anything bad to your skin. Along the same lines we have a toothbrush and a mini toothpaste, because oral hygiene is important; and lip balm and moisturiser, because planes are really drying.

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment