Sunday 3 July 2016

ROSIE'S GUIDE TO GETTING INTO COUNTRY MUSIC - SONGS

One thing you should know is that my family and I really love country music. Really, really love it. I was basically raised on country music (if you've never heard my parent's 'Country Car Tape' (which no one has) you're missing out). It is by far the most underrated music genre, country music songs are by far better than any other. As my family are going to Nashville this summer, the home of country music, over the next couple of months I'm going to be doing a mini series of 'getting into country music', including individuals songs, artists (and particular albums), films and places to visit.

Clearly, today we are starting with some of my personal favourite country songs that I think are a great way to introduce people into the genre.

(Please note: I won't be saying anything about the individual songs, as they're all ones that I absolutely love. Please also be aware that the Dixie Chicks and Kacey Musgraves will be featuring heavily, as they are two of my all-time favourite artists. Ta.)

'Follow Your Arrow'- Kacey Musgraves

'Dime Store Cowgirl'- Kacey Musgraves

'Biscuits'- Kacey Musgraves
Tom Felton tweeted lyrics from this- just saying.

'Landslide'- Dixie Chicks
It's a cover of a Fleetwood Mac song that's better than the original.

'Easy Silence'- Dixie Chicks

'Not Ready to Make Nice'- Dixie Chicks
The greatest revenge song of all time.

'Wide Open Spaces'- Dixie Chicks

'There's Your Trouble'- Dixie Chicks

'Tonight the Heartache's on Me'- Dixie Chicks
Believe it or not, I cut out a lot of Dixie Chicks songs from the original list.

'Take Me Home, Country Roads'- John Denver

'Deep Down'- Pam Tillis

'Ain't That Lonely Yet'- Dwight Yoakam

'Jolene'- Dolly Parton

'Chasin' That Neon Rainbow'- Alan Jackson

'I Walk the Line'- Johnny Cash

'See You in the Spring'- Court Yard Hounds
They're two members of the Dixie Chicks.


Rosie
The country music fanatic 

No comments:

Post a Comment