Sunday 1 December 2013

25 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHRISTMAS- DAY 1 | DECEMBER 1ST- THE CHRISTMAS BOX

Sorry for awful quality photos

Christmas is by far my favourite time for the year, I have been counting down the days since September (sad), and every year everyone on Youtube does the 12 days of Christmas but that doesn't start until 26th December and what's the fun in that when Christmas is already over? So for that reason this Christmas I am going to do a post everyday (hopefully!) for the 25 days leading up to Christmas starting on the 1st December (today if you were unaware of the date!).

So merry December 1st everyone, I trust you all enjoyed opening the first door of your advent calendar- some may say that the novelty of advent calendars wears off after the first week or so, but what's not to love about having a little choccy for breakfast every day?!
Luckily for my household the 1st of December falls on a Sunday this year, which means my father has no excuse not to go up into the loft and get down the Christmas boxes. The Christmas boxes are two very old Lakeland cardboard boxes that have all the Christmas tree decorations in one box, and all our childhood Christmas toys and books in another. Opening the Christmas boxes has got to be one of the most exciting things of the year so I thought I'd give you a run-through of my favourite things in the box:

-The big Christmas CD- this has got to be the greatest Christmas album of all time and yet I don't know anyone else who has the same one, we play this religiously every single morning while we have breakfast and then in the evenings as well when it gets nearer to the big day and we need something festive while we make paper chains.

-The Father Christmas twins- George and I got these when we were very young (around the age 2 mark I think?) and they are the best thing about the Christmas box (weirdly they are from boots).

-William Shakespeare tree decoration- every year my family gets a new decoration from somewhere we've been in the year and Shakespeare has got to be the weirdest yet, this years decoration is from Disneyland. (Side note- in Disneyland there is a whole Christmas shop where I wanted to get festive Mary Poppins but apparently I wasn't allowed to choose as punishment for falling over and breaking the tin carrot from the Christmas tree).

-The Christmas fuzzy-felt, you are never too old for fuzzy felt and every year George and I spend hours making different designs (I like the indoor scene better so he always has to do the boring outside one because I am older and I say so), these are last years designs- we also created the Christmas-fuzzy-felt-massacre scene... Charming...
-Holly the Christmas Fairy and Stella the Star Fairy Rainbow Magic books- I read these every year because these books were my childhood and they make me feel all Christmasy and happy.
Other items of the box include carol singing SpongeBob and Patrick from the 10 year old SpongeBob Squarepants obsessed days and the penguin fairy lights from the (also) 10 year old penguin obsessed days.

Merry Christmas everybody, and away we go!

(Only 24 days until Christmas!)

(I'll let you in on a little secret- I came up with this idea at the end of September and I got so excited that I wrote this post right there and then- shush I am sad, I know...)

No comments:

Post a Comment