Tuesday 17 June 2014

CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS

Since I am relatively new to the world of makeup brushes, that means I am also new to the world of cleaning them. I watched a few videos and read a lot of blog posts to find the best way of cleaning your brushes, and this is my version of most-of-those-mashed-into-one: 
(Brush set from Cath Kidston). The brushes I cleaned were the third and fourth brushes from the right which I use for concealer, and the brown brush which is my eyeshadow brush. I also cleaned my Body Shop 'Face and Body' brush which I use to blend my concealer in (pictured below).

1. Fill a bowl/sink with warm water.
2. Get a shampoo of your choice (I am using a Herbal Essences one) on the palm of your hand; you need enough to clean the brush efficiently but you should use too much. 
3. Dip your brush in the water and rub it in circular motions in the shampoo. 
4. Wash the shampoo off your brush and dry it (again in a circular motion) on a piece of kitchen roll. In the same way as painting as a child, if your brush is clean then no makeup will come off onto the kitchen roll. If any comes off, then you need to wash your brush again. 
5. Lie your brush flat on a towel to dry (as it's sunny at the moment I also leave mine in a sunny place so they dry quicker); you must make sure that your brush is flat and not upright otherwise the water will damage the ends of the brush inside the handle bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment