Sunday 29 June 2014

NO.1 PARTY ANTHEM

So I haven't posted in a while and last night I went to my friends' 18th birthday party and really liked how I looked (I personally think I looked quite evil) so I though I'd share it with the internets.

Hair:
For my hair I simply washed it and then blow-dried it to get rid of most of the wetness. Then I put it in two plaits to finish drying and tah-dah: waves! I am really big on doing my hair like this at the moment.

Face:

I have spoken briefly about the wrong-concealer-shade-fiasco (more detail in a later post) but it has turned out that, now my face is more tanned, the to dark/orange shade is the right colour for me; I am currently using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Shade 2 Cool Medium.

For my eyes I used my normal Body Shop Carbon Eye Definer in black (I really want the brown one too) and the Body Shop Colour Crush eyeshadow in Pink Crush (these are amazing I need more). I also used the No7 Extreme Length Sensitive mascara which does its job but I am feeling the need for a better one.
The eyshadow looks quite peachy here but in really it is a beautiful pale pink with a slight shimmer to it

For my lips I used my probable most favourite lipstick right now and that is the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in shade 107 which I think might be called 'Wine' but don't take my word on it. This is a red/pink lipstick and I am absolutely loving it, it's build-able for a darker shade and it just looks so good on (closer image below).

You can barely see my nails but I was wearing a Topshop one in Cloak and Dagger (a.k.a. black). Black nails to match black accessories, as my mother said.

Clothing:
The dress I wore is secretly very old, I was given it about two years ago but due to the colour and the cut it really did not suit me at the age of 15; now that I'm 17, though, I've found myself really liking this dress. If you can't see the picture clearly it's a bright lime green colour with a fairly low cut that is very tight and you can probably tell why I couldn't wear it two years ago. The dress is an H&M one (see top picture).
Bag-wise I bought a small black bag that I got from New Look yonks ago and won't picture here because it's pretty boring but quite good for carrying the essentials without having to walk round holding a clutch bag.

My accessories where rather 1990's themed as I wore my black jelly shoes (without socks, I am the bravest) and a black elastic choker that everyone is wearing nowadays but I think look really simple and cool and I couldn't find one anywhere. Then my mother suggested we look in River Island (which I never normally shop in) and low and behold I bought one in there for £3 (nice price).

No comments:

Post a Comment