Monday 1 September 2014

SEPTEMBER GOALS

It's time again for another monthly goals post, especially important since September marks the beginning of another new school year. This year I thought I'd combine my normal goals and books-to-read with a new idea (for me) of a monthly wishlist. Autumn and Winter are my most favourite seasons by far and my notebook is literally chockablock with planned posts for September-December and I am super excited for it.

Goals:
-Get a good, fresh start at college; I'm not going to say much about this apart from I have decided to leave sixth form and move to college as A-Levels and school just haven't worked for me and so I'm starting again at college which I think will definitely be better for me in the long-run.
-My own happiness is a priority; this isn't so much a monthly goal as it is a goal for the next year. I haven't been truly happy a lot of the time this past school year so my main focus in this coming one is to ensure my own happiness and have a better year (September-September) than last year.
-Cook more. I love to cook and bake and there's so many things I always say I want to make but never do. Especially after my visit to Jamie Oliver's Big Feastival, I have been inspired to cook and bake more as it makes me happy and the end product is always great.
-Start redoing my bedroom and always keep my desk tidy. I was meant to repaint my room in Summer 2013 but that requires taking down all the childish posters from year seven and I'm lazy. Also, having a constantly clear desk is very, very satisfying.

Books to Read:
-Poldark Book One (Ross Poldark) by Winston Graham; my parent's favourite book series that they have been trying to get me to read for years, it's basically set in a Cornish village and books set in villages are my all-time favourite.
-Henry IV Part One by William Shakespeare
-We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
-The Taming of the Tights by Louise Rennison; a guilty pleasure of mine but it's the last in the series and I haven't read it yet and secretly who doesn't love a throwback to the early-teenage years. Shush, yes I am seventeen.

Wishlist:
-Makeup Bag (confessional time: I don't actually own one)
-Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Metallic Pomegranate, Permanent Taupe and On and On Bronze
-Sleek single blusher or Pink Lemonade blusher trio
-Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in Keep Mauving
-Next blue floral camisole top
-Another concealer brush
-Topshop Beguiled lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment