Wednesday 24 August 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY | BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR

I've shortened the name of this one slightly in the title of this post, but the full topic is the 'top 5 books I want to read by the end of this year'. I wrote a post in January called '16 things I want to read in 2016' so I'm taking some inspiration from there of some of the books on that list I have yet to read. I am determined to completed that list.

1. 'Poldark'- Winston Graham
I read the first book in this series, 'Poldark', over a year ago and I really enjoyed it, but never got round to reading the rest of the (super long) series. Since the TV show (which I am obsessed with) is coming back in September, I need to get on with reading them. I need to reread the first book, though, as I can't remember anything that happened.

2. 'Illuminae'- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
This has been on my TBR on Goodreads since long before it came out, I've been dying to read it but for some ridiculous reason, I just haven't got round to it yet. The format of the book looks so cool and I know it won't take me long to read, I really need to get to it before the second book comes out.

3. 'Mrs Dalloway'- Virginia Woolf
This was on my TBR months ago, the story really intrigues me and I need to finally get round to reading it.

4. 'To Kill a Mockingbird'- Harper Lee
I STILL HAVEN'T READ IT, OKAY.

5. 'A Dance with Dragons; Dreams and Dust'- George R.R. Martin
So this is the penultimate currently published book in the Game of Thrones series and I really need to get down to it and finish the last two books. This was on my TBR in January/February, but I'm feeling reluctant as there's a storyline which I really hate (you know which one it is). I really need to finish this series, I've been reading it for years, and then I can finally let myself watch the TV show.

Rosie

2 comments:

  1. I really loved Illuminae, hope you enjoy it! I also need to read To Kill A Mockingbird.
    If you are interested my T5W is here: http://powisamy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/top-5-wednesday-books-i-want-to-read-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, the Bone Season is definitely something I need to check out :)

    ReplyDelete