Tuesday 2 August 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY - ALL TIME FAVOURITE BOOKS (2016 ED.)

Today's Top Ten Teusday post is one which I personally love hearing about when other people talk about it, my all time favourite books. I've called this one the '2016 edition', as my favourites will almost definitely change over time as I read more things. (In no particular order, except the first three).

1. 'Anne of Green Gables'- L.M. Montgomery
I've spoken about this book so many times but it's my favourite book of all time. It's the definition of all feel-good book and it makes me feel warm and happy and desperate to live on P.E.I.

2. 'Ballet Shoes'- Noel Streatfeild
I don't think I've mentioned this before? But this book comes in very close behind Anne with just how much I love it. There's no particular reason, I loved it from the moment I read it and it's high time I gave it a re-read.

3. 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'- J.K. Rowling
I couldn't choose a favourite Harry Potter book, so I've gone with the first one as it's the start of it all and it's so wonderful and magical and warm and I really don't think I need to say any more about it.

4. 'The Importance of Being Earnest'- Oscar Wilde
This is my most favourite play of all time, occassionally I'll forget about it and then I'll rediscover it and remember how hilarious it is and how much I adore the characters and I'll fall in love with it all over again.

5. 'The Luxe'- Anna Godbersen
Part one of my favourite books/authors that no one else has ever heard of. This is a guilty pleasure, historical romance fiction set at the end of the 1800s and it's so much fun and so swoony and I love it.

6. 'The Looking Glass Wars'- Frank Beddor
Part two of my favourite books/authors that no one else has ever heard of. I don't really want to share either of them. This is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland and it's such a fantastic take on the story.

7. 'The Book Thief'- Markus Zusak
It's everyone's favourite.

8. 'The Dream Thieves'- Maggie Stiefvater
Everyone knows how much I love the Raven Cycle quartet, but I think this one is definitely my favourite of the series. If you haven't read it yet, what are you doing?

9. 'How to Be a Woman'- Caitlin Moran
Caitlin Moran is one of my favourite writers, she's hilarious but also so relatable and clever and she has a way of writing about serious topics in a way that's funny without undermining the topic. I'd go as far as to say that this book changed my life.

10. 'A Christmas Carol'- Charles Dickens
It's just a really enjoyable read (plus Muppet's Christmas Carol is my favourite film and it's really accurate to the book).

Plus an honourable mention to 'The Year of Reading Dangerously' by Andy Miller, I wanted to include it but couldn't fit it on the list but HA I've snuck it into the post anyway.


Rosie
This was hard

No comments:

Post a Comment