Monday 6 April 2015

REVISION ESSENTIALS

As is it coming up to exam time (and I am a stationary  and organisation fiend), I thought I'd compile a list of everything I find to be essential when revising.

Massive Ringbinder (and Folder Dividers)
I use one of the massive lever arch files from WH Smiths to keep all my work together. I tend to have one for each subject, and then have one or two for all of my revision notes for every subject to go in. I also use folder dividers to separate different subjects and different units/topics within each subject.

Cue Cards
To revise, I like to either have spider diagrams, posters or short notes on cue cards. Cue cards are great as they minimise the amount of information you can have on each card, making them easier to revise from.

Highlighters and Coloured Pens
When highlighting work, it is important not to highlight every single word. I like to highlight only key words or phrases, and have lots of different coloured highlighters to separate different key points; if relevant, I also highlight points that are related to each other in the same colour. I also find it harder to work from things where everything is highlighted in the same colour. I use coloured pens for the title of that section of notes, as it makes the different topics clear, and it just brightens up your revision a bit.

Extras
1. Deadly silence- I find that I can only work if I have complete silence. No noise, no music, no window open as that lets outside noise in, nothing.
2. Drinks- obviously hot drinks, but I also recommend sticking some water in the fridge as I always find water helps me concentrate more, and it's better when it's nice and cold.
3. Snacks- I use snacks as rewards basically.

No comments:

Post a Comment