Monday 27 April 2015

WARDROBE STAPLES

Now it's the Spring/Summer months, everyone is starting to revamp their wardrobes and prepare for warmer weather and brighter colours. Despite the complete change-up occurring in most wardrobes, including my own, I do have some set, staple pieces that I believe are essential in any wardrobe.

Blue Jeans
These have been a staple in any person's wardrobe since time began. It's blue jeans, the epitome of jeans. What more do I have to say? (Apart from the added note that I prefer dark blue jeans as opposed to lighter ones).

Black Jeans
Another obvious one, they go with everything.

Vest Tops
More specifically black and white ones, and occassionally grey as well. Vest tops are an underrated item of clothing, I never wear a jumper without one underneath, but they also work well on their own and acn be used to layer up in the winter without overheating. (They're also pretty cheap). Horray for vest tops.

Black Skirt
Black skirts in any and every style are a wardrobe staple for me. They can be dressed up or down, they're both formal and informal, they go with literally everything, there's nothing wrong with black skirts.
Skirt- Miss Selfridge
Jumper- Boohoo
Scarf- New Look

Jumpers
More specifically black, grey or navy blue jumpers. As with most things on this list, it's a dark colour and I use the justification of 'it goes with everything'. But they really do.

Cardigans
There are two types of cardigan that I find essential: a black one and a chunky-knit one. So comfy, so versitile, so useful.
Cardigan- Boohoo
Top- Boohoo
Shorts- Marks and Spencer

White Converse
Specially the low-top ones. I find low-top white converse to be an essential in any wardrobe, they are my go-to shoe, they're so comfy and I find they're perfect for walking around in all day without causing foot pain or blisters.

Some Form of Ankle Boot
As with black skirts, ankle boots can be dressed up or down and, yet again, go with everything. I wear boots less in the summer, but in the winter they are the most perfect shoe in the world, they're so cute and stylist and how could you live without them.

Some Form of Black Shoe
Surely this one should be obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment