Sunday 20 September 2015

(ANOTHER) CONCEALER COMPARRISON

In July I posted a 'Concealer Comparrison' post, comparing my long-term Collection 'Lasting Perfection' concealer, and a new Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer. A couple of week after that, however, I released that the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer just wasn't right for me and so a new 'Concealer Comparrison' post is being born.

The reason I initially decided to stop using the Collection 'Lasting Perfection' concealer, after using it for about a year, was because I suspected that it was making my skin very dry. I have fairly dry skin anyway, but the areas where I was using the concealer were more dry than ever. Since changing concealers, my dry skin has become much, much better.

I opted for the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer as I'd heard nothing but good things about it and swatching it in the shop showed that it was basically an exact match for my skin. I really liked the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up', not only was it a very good match for my skin, but it also felt good on the skin. I liked the fact that it had a slightly more watery consistency and that it didn't look and feel thick, cakey and drying on the face. The only problem with it, that resulted in me having to buy a new concealer, was that it didn't have very good coverage at all. The thin consistency meant that it didn't cover up spots and blemishes very well and it just wasn't suited for my needs. The Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer is suited more to brightening and hiding dark circles under the eyes, etc., but I am hoping to go back to using it when my skin is a bit better and I don't need such heavy duty coverage.

I had a long list of concealers from Boots and Superdrug to try out, but after swatching them all, I decided that the Maybelline 'Fit Me' Concealer was the best match for my skin with the right amount of coverage. Maybelline is a brand that I had never ever considered for concealer before, I've used their 'Colour Tattoo' eyeshadows and 'Baby Lips' lip balm, but I'd never thought of them for anything else. The most notable thing about the 'Fit Me' concealer is how similar the packaging looks to the immensely famous and popular Nars concealer.

I am enjoying using this concealer, it has a thicker consistency so it has good coverage on spots and blemishes. One thing I have found, for my personal skin tone, is that I have to apply it quite lightly and then build it up in light dabs, otherwise it can look quite orangey on my face. Unlike the Collection 'Lasting Perfection' concealer, the 'Fit Me' concealer doesn't look noticeably thick and cakey on my skin, and it hasn't caused any dryness in the areas of use at all.

I would highly recommend this concealer, it meets all my needs and it's a good product at a reasonable price (between £5-£10). I can't see myself being one to settle on just one concealer, but for now I am very happy with this one and it suits me well.

I wanted to do just a quick paragraph here to talk about concealer application. For applying concealer, I personally like to actually use a fluffy eyeshadow brush, though I do sometimes use a concealer brush. I tend to prefer the eyeshadow brushes as they are much larger and so I find it easier to blend the concealer into the surrounding area. I know it's wrong, but I do sometimes prefer to use a finger to just dab the concealer in, I find that it sometimes covers spots much better than blending in with a brush. Though I find that using a finger gives the best results, I try to use a brush so as not to risk my skin getting worse from the bacteria on fingers. If you look at the picture below of my current makeup brush set (the whole set, including the case, is from Cath Kidston), you can see that I normally use the brush three from the right for my concealer, which is actually an eyeshadow brush, though I do occasionally use the proper concealer brush to the left of it.
Rosie 

No comments:

Post a Comment