Friday 4 September 2015

BACK TO COLLEGE ESSENTIALS

I go back to college next week on Tuesday 8th so I've been feeling that September motivation for the next academic year, which also happens to be my final year at college before university. One of the best bits of the year for me is the buying of new stationary, and boy do I love stationary. (A thing that must also be noted here is that W.H. Smith always has a back-to-school stationary sale near the end of the holidays and it's very exciting.) I've complied a list of some of the things (minius the pens, pencils, etc. stuff) that I think are essential for going back to school/college, all of which will be making their appearance in my bag come Tuesday.

Ringer Binders
Being at college rather than school, I work solely with paper and ring binders instead of out of work books. I love pretty folders and I buy all of mine from W.H. Smith. I use one of the regular two-ring ones on a daily basis, I only use one folder so that all of my work is in the same place and I only have to carry one around with me everyday. At home, however, I like to have the massive lever arch files, which I keep all the work I no longer need in, this way I'm only carrying what I need to college and my small folder doesn't get too full. I don't study a-levels, and my college course is split into nine different units throughout the year, so I only carry the work of the units we are currently studying around with me, and all the work from the completed units is kept in my lever arch files at home.

Folder Dividers and Plastic Wallets
I love folder dividers for separating each different unit in my folder, and they're a great way to keep organised. I have to hand in my college work as a physical copy, so plastic wallets are really useful for that. Each unit is handed in in its own plastic wallet so it's all kept together and there's no risk of anything being lost. I also find plastic wallets useful for booklets that cannot be hole punched but I want to keep in my folder.

Paper
This is pretty self explanatory, I write on paper that I then put into my folder. I normally use the W.H. Smith A4 sheets (as seen in the picture), though I am a notebook fiend so I do like to keep a few A5 notebooks around as well.

Planner
Organisation is a thing that I love, so obviously I can't not get myself a planner. As sad as I've been told it is, I get great excitement from writing in my planner and organising my life. I have a little tick sheet at the back in the notes section showing every piece of work in every unit, and I get to tick it in one colour if I've completed that piece of work, and tick it again in another colour if I've handed it in. Very satisfying. My beautiful planner is from W.H. Smith, they have an amazing selection of planners and I spent a good 30 minutes standing there trying to decide which one I wanted.

Pencil Case
Also self explanatory, everyone needs a pencil case. I sneakily like to only keep one pen at a time in mine so that I never have one to lend out to anyone and lose it. I absolutely love my pencil case, it's from Cath Kidston, I got it last Christmas and I think it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Rucksack
I prefer using a rucksack for my school bag as two straps is so much easier and less painful than carrying a bag round on one shoulder. You may recognise the picture below of my rucksack from my ootd post at the end of August. This bag is from Accessorize, though I do have the back-up bigger rucksack if this one proves to be slightly too small for a folder, which it might well be.

No comments:

Post a Comment