Wednesday 30 September 2015

2015 READING CHALLENGE: SEPTEMBER ROUND-UP

In September I read 5 books and have now completed my goal of reading 50 books in 2015. So far this year I have read 51 books, and I have decided to not raise my 2015 goal anymore, but to just see how many books I can read now. This month I also became a little (a lot) obsessed with Caitlin Moran and non-fiction books by famous females, a trend that you will see continuing into next month.

Books Read:

1. 'Destined for Doon'- Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
I read the first book in the Doon series a few months ago and I really loved it, so much so that it put me in a reading slump for a good month and a half. I loved the world building of Doon itself in the first book, I had a really clear image of it in my head and I imagine it in such bright and vibrant colours; I wanted to live in Doon. Though I enjoyed this book, it did fall kind of flat for me when compared to how much I enjoyed the first book. I didn't think the story was as good in this one and I didn't like how Kenna was the main narrator in this book. I didn't dislike the voice of Kenna as much as others did, I just much prefer the character and narration of Vee and I prefer her as the main narrator.

2. 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'- J.K. Rowling
I've always said that this is my favourite Harry Potter book, it's so much more detailed and intricate than the film, particularly the Yule Ball, the third task, everything to do with Rita Skeeter and everything to do with the Barty Crouch's. I'm in the process of re-reading all the Harry Potter series and it is delightful, I absolutely love this series and the world and everything to do with it and I'm really, really, really enjoying rediscovering it all again.

3. 'How to Be a Woman'- Caitlin Moran 
This book. Omg. It has changed my life. I've been a fan of Caitlin Moran and her column in the Times for years but I've only just got round to reading her books. It's absolutely incredible, it's a must-read for every single person, men and women alike. It's blown my mind and I'm now a little bit obsessed with Caitlin Moran; she is a God and her word is Bible. I love this book and it is definitely, definitely now one of my all-time favourites.

4. 'Queen of Shadows'- Sarah J. Maas
This is definitely the book of the month on every single social media platform. Very highly anticipated, the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series came out on September 1st to the excitement of the world (more or less). I really loved 'Heir of Fire', the third book, and I thought this book couldn't possibly be better. Oh boy was I wrong. This book was so good, I flew through the nearly-700-pages beast in under a week and it was everything I could've wanted and more. It was incredible and I'm so excited to see where the series is going to go from here.

5. 'Moranthology'- Caitlin Moran 
The minute I finished 'How to Be a Woman' I NEEDED to read Caitlin Moran's other non-fiction book (I read her first novel last year). This one was very different from the other one, it was a collection of some of Moran's columns, but it was still highly enjoyable. Moran is a fantastic writer and I love, love, love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment