Monday 14 September 2015

SEPTEMBER PLAYLIST

It's no secret that I have a very odd taste in music. I've compiled a quick list here of all the (albeit slightly strange) songs that I've been enjoying towards the end of the Summer holidays/the start of September.

'At Least it Was Here'- The 88
This song is more commonly known as the theme song to the show 'Community' (which is incredible and you need to watch it). I really like this song, I think it's one of the best opening theme songs to a show and it needs more recognition. (I like to sing loudly along to the show when it plays).

'Dime Store Cowgirl'- Kacey Musgraves
I love country music and I love Kacey Musgraves. Her new album came out earlier in the Summer and this is one of my favourite songs from it. I'm seeing her in November and I'm very excited.

'Good Ol' Boys Club'- Kacey Musgraves
This is another song from Kacey Musgraves' new album, 'Pageant Material', and this is vying for my favourite song from the album. It reminds me slightly of 'The Raven Boys' and their upperclass parties.

'Little Numbers'- BOY
My best friend introduced me to this song and it is very, very catchy. I've been loving this song for a good few months now and I haven't got bored of it yet.

'A Man for All Seasons'- Robbie Williams 
Yes, this is a song from the 'Johnny English' soundtrack. Yes, it is a cheesy and embarassing song to like. Yes, I really do love it. It's so catchy and how can anyone not love Robbie Williams.

'Bad Moon Rising'- Creedence Clearwater Revival 
This is a song that I have loved for years and years but only got back into recently. Again, it's a very catchy song and it brings back a lot of memories and nostalgia.

'Honky Tonk Women'- The Rolling Stones
I love the Rolling Stones a lot and this is definitely my favourite song of theirs. I've been listening to it on repeat all summer and I love their original, more blues-ey stuff from their early days as a band.

'Check Yes Juliet'- We The Kings 
This is the ultimate 2008, year 7 throwback. I recently heard this song again for the first time in about seven years and I forgot how good it was. I have no shame in saying that I've really been enjoying this song and reliving my embarassing 11 year-old days.

'A Satisfied Mind'- Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash is undeniably one of the greatest musicians of all time. I actually discovered this song on the 'Kill Bill' soundtrack and it's really, really good.

'Blind Willie McTell'- Bob Dylan
I've been really into Bob Dylan again after watching 'I'm Not There', a film based on his life, and this is my current favourite song of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment