Monday 28 September 2015

MAGNETIC BOOKMARK OBSESSION

Recently I've really got back into using bookmarks when reading. Previously, I'd always found bookmarks to be a bit of a nuisance and I'd always just been able to memorise which page I was on so I didn't actually need to use a bookmark. But all that changed with the discovery of the world of super cute magnetic bookmarks on Etsy. As there's two companies that I bought from, I'm going to be doing a couple of little paragraphs on each.

(As I write this, I've actually found some more magnetic bookmarks that I want from another Etsy store. One is an absolutely beautiful gold and swirly cartoon feather, and the other is the Aries constellation, which is my star sign. Maybe expect another bookmarks post fairly soon...)

Crafted Van
Crafted Van are quite possibly the most popular and well-known company for magnetic bookmarks on Etsy, and for good reason. They have an amazing selection of super cute bookmarks for all tastes, and it took me so long to decide which ones I was going to buy. Crafted Van offer three different bookmark options, all at a fantastic price. They have sets of four or five mini bookmarks (around £4-£6), bigger individual bookmarks (just over £3), and brand new jumbo sized bookmarks.

In the end, though, I decided on the mini nursing themed set of five mini bookmarks. As a future nurse, I simply couldn't resist! My three favourites of the set are the needle, stethoscope and IV drip. Right now I'm usign the drip one in the book I'm currently reading, it's such a strange but brilliant idea, it makes me laugh so much to see a little drip smiling up at me when I open my book.

Just a last couple of things on Crafted Van, firstly I'm really pleased with their shipping, considering that it was coming all the way to the UK from Canada, shipping only cost around £3 and it came within two weeks which was really great. These bookmarks are a really high quality, it's hard to explain but they're like but they're made of card with a glossy, almost sticky finish to it. The card-like-ness to them means that they're so easy to clip onto a book and the sticky, glossy-ness means that they're waterproof, which is always useful. I'm really happy with my purchase and I would highly, highly recommend this company.

Magicbookmarks
The other company I bought from on Etsy is one called Magicbookmarks. This time, I bought a bookmark for myself and one for my brother as well. Where Crafted Van have little cartoon objects like Cacti, animals and cups of tea, among many, many others, Magicbookmarks has all fictional characters from films, books and TV. Once again, it was a very, very hard decision over what to buy and, once again, there is definitely something for everybody.

In the end, I chose a little Sirius Black from Harry Potter, and my brother chose Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones. Something which surprised me and that I was really happy about was that Magicbookmarks also sent a little free gift of a sticker with Hermione Granger, Percy Jackson and Sadness from 'Inside Out' on it. Unknowingly to them, these are three of my favourite fictional characters, and I'm going to stick the sticker on a piece of card and use it as another bookmark. I thought that was so so sweet, a really nice added touch to the order and I'm really happy over it.

As with Crafted Van, Magicbookmarks also had really good shipping. As it was shipping from Spain to the UK, shipping was a couple of pounds cheaper (I also forgot to mention that the products themselves were a good price, between £2.50-£3 each). The thing I'm most happy with about shipping is that I received an email a couple of days after I placed my order saying that it was on its way and should arrive in two weeks, and in actual fact it arrived two days after I got that email. The bookmarks are a high quality, they're also card with a glossy-ness to it (though not sticky like Crafted Van) and the part of the bookmark that you fold over the top of the page is actually made out of felt instead of card. I like how the felt corresponds to the main colours of the bookmark, and I also like how the back of the bookmark looks like the back of the character's head and clothes instead of being double sided. The bookmarks were also packaged really nicely, each presented on a prettily stamped piece of card with washi tape, and you really got the sense that time and effort had gone into each individual order. Again, I am very, very happy with my purchases and I would high recommend.

Rosie 

No comments:

Post a Comment