Saturday 26 October 2013

SKIN MONTH | A BIT OF A WEIRD ONE

Every teenage girl can tell you without a doubt that Montagne Jeunesse are the best face packs ever. Now most will not actually know what the brand is called but EVERYONE knows the packaging. A French brand, these face packs come in individual sachets that cost £1 each from Boots or Claire's accessories and are the perfect quick or sleepover companion.
(Every girl in the world knows this packaging design immediately)

After the last face pack disaster (which I will go into more detail on later this week) I popped into Boots and picked up my favourite one, the Passion Peel Off. The ingredients of this mask are not the thing that appeals to me, it's the fact that, once dry, you peel this mask off like when you were a child and covered your hands in PVA glue just for the fun of peeling it off when dry. Childish, I know.

The thing that struck my most when I opened the sachet was the nostalgia I got from it, every summer I go on a group holiday with my dad's friends from uni and the three girls (me included) buy masses of these and have daily pamper evenings. This smells really great but comes out of the packaging in a thinner, pink colour so it does look like you've got a bad rash all over your face. I really can't fault these face masks, they are so fun and come in loads of different types (my other favourites being the red one that heats up on your face and the chocolate one that you have to physically resist eating). My skin feels all smoothy smooth after taking this off and they make the best presents or things for a sleepover or pamper day with your friends (also I cannot explain how much fun it is to peel this one off when it has dried).

The one problem I have with these is that there is too much in one sachet for one mask, but then you have to leave the packet somewhere safe is you want to use it again but it may dry up. That being said, it only costs a pound so only being able to use it once is really not that much of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment