Thursday 31 October 2013

SKIN MONTH | THE WIPE COMPARISON

I reviewed the Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes earlier this month and I completely fell in love with them, HOWEVER, I am nearly running out and Body Shop is rather expensive so I thought I'd try another (and slightly cheaper) brand of wipes and see the comparison...
(Read my Body Shop wipes review here)


Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes (£2.99):
These come to half the price of the Body Shop wipes (they cost £6) so for starters I am pleased. Simple claims to remove waterproof mascara but, as I don't wear much mascara and when I do it's non-waterproof, unfortunately I cannot review that for you (I am very tempted to get my best friend to try one out for me but that might be a bit weird). These wipes also claim to be good for sensitive skin which is great for me, but, when I was testing out super dark foundation on my brothers hand as a joke- poor boy, he scrubbed a bit too hard to get it off and his hand came out a bit splotchy for a while, however I did not find this to be the case on my hand when removing lipstick samples so I suppose it is different for different people (?).
Once I actually tried these on my face I completely fell in love with them, I believe that they even work a little bit better than the Body Shop ones which is fab. The Simple wipes are also so much more gentle on my skin (which is what it says on the packet), I find that under my eyes gets quite sore if I rub too hard with the Body Shop ones but that doesn't happen with Simple. After removing my eyeliner with the Simple wipes there was actually nothing left and it had even removed two day old makeup which was brilliant.
I feel very unfaithful to my Body Shop wipes that I have loved so much but I do think that I will be repurchasing the Simple ones over them as I think they work a little bit better and the Simple ones are half the price of the Body Shop ones (see above for prices).

No comments:

Post a Comment