Thursday 31 October 2013

SKIN MONTH | LAND OF SOAP AND GLORY

You can't spend a month reviewing skin products without delving into the wonderful world of Soap and Glory now can you. (As shallow as this sounds) one of the main things that attracted me to Soap and Glory originally was the cute and vintage-looking packaging, both of which I am a sucker for, I can't help but want something if it comes in a pretty packaging.

Everyone knows Soap and Glory to be quite an expensive brand so my excitement was obvious when I came across the Boots miniatures section and found a mini Righteous Butter and Hand Food for only £2.50 each! Granted these tubs are tiny, but it means I have to avid spending over £10 on a massive tub that I may not even like. I decided to get the Righteous Butter as everyone raves about it and that appears to be what they are most famous for and my mother already has a bottle of Hand Food.

Soap and Glory Hand Food (normal size- £5 for 125ml, miniature- £2.50 for 50ml)- I am normally not much of a hand cream lover as I really hate my hands to be greasy or sticky. The first thing I noticed about this hand cream is it stinks. Now I don't know if this is because my tube is quite old but it smells horrible and I have already washed it off (I am praying that it's because it's old). The good points are that it sinks into your hands really quickly so you don't feel greasy, but it didn't really make my hands feels any softer and it almost made them feel worse. I will not be buying this again due to how bad it smells and I can easily buy an overall nicer hand cream for much cheaper.

Soap and Glory Righteous Butter (normal size- £10.50 for 300ml, miniature- £2.50 for 50ml)- Every Christmas and birthday I am always given masses of Body Shop body butters so that is what I have been using for the past few years; I rarely remember to use body butter but, when I do, I use it in the evenings after a shower or bath. I was a bit worried about trying this after my disappointment with Hand Food as I believe they have the same formula or scent or something, so I was super glad that they do it in a miniature size for relatively cheap. One of my favourite things about this product before even using it is that it was technically free as everything in Boots in currently on 3-for-2 and I'd bought some face wash and toner so this was my free thing which I love. I like this product but I really don't see all that much difference between using this and a Body Shop one. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this as it is quite expensive and there are cheaper options out there which work in the same way.

With the most expensive item costing £3.50 and the permanent 3-for-2 offer, I will definitely be taking advantage of the Soap and Glory travel range at Boots- fantastic bargain.
The one thing I am slightly regretful about not being able to try this month is a hot cloth cleanser but I will be on the look out to hopefully try one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment