Saturday 12 October 2013

SKIN MONTH | BODY SHOP REVIEW

So here is the first of my Love Your Skin Month product reviews, and we're starting with the Body Shop...

Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask:
Normally I get the Tea Tree Face Mask as tea tree is soso good for your skin, but this time I decided to mix it up a bit and go for something (hopefully) a bit stronger. Due to the 'clay mask' bit of the name, I was expecting a very hard product, but when I opened the tub the product was surprisingly soft and smooth and went on really nicely with a great coverage. It also smelt really good, like a subtle salty water scent, but the longer I kept it on my face the stronger the scent got until it was a rather unpleasant fishy-seaweed scent. You have to leave the product on your face until it has dried (the colour changes from dark grey to light grey so you know it's dry) but by the end the product had almost started to burn and I was itching to take it off. When I did take it off I remembered that there were small, gritty, exfoliating particles in it (which is great, I'm all for removing dead skin) but felt like rubbing sand on your face and actually hurt when taking it off. To take the product off I used the Body Shop Muslin Cloth and I was actually so surprised at how easy the face pack came off! Which most face packs it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove it once it has dried, but this one came off really quickly and easily (I only use a thin layer because the product is very thick and I want it to actually work and not just sit there). I'm not sure how I feel about this product, but my skin does feel very smooth afterwards and it dries super quickly so you don't have to keep it on for very long which is great. I am going to keep on using this product despite the negatives as it feels quite good for my skin, I will update if my opinion changes in the next few weeks but now we will just have to wait and see...

 
 
 
Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes:
These have got to be the best makeup wipes I have ever used. They remove makeup I didn't even know I still had on without hurting your eyes. They can make under your eyes feel a bit sore if you rub it for too long and too hard but that doesn't last long. There's not much I can say about this product apart from the fact that I absolutely love it and it's not scented which is great if you're using it on your eyes like I do. The Body Shop Vitamin E range is one of the best and is good for your skin and so far I cannot fault this product in any way- I am a very happy bunny.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment