Saturday 19 July 2014

IT'S KIND OF CRAZY

Whilst on my desperate search for an EOS stocker for the UK I stumbled across the cutECOsmetics website. This company is a Vegan makeup company but, when I browsing the lip balm section as I have been know to do occasionally (all the time), I fell in love with some of their brands; now, I am not a Vegan but I don't see why I can't enjoy Vegan lip balms all the same.

Firstly, obviously, I had a look at the EOS lip balms as there are no stockers in the UK, but as I now have one (read my review here) I decided that I didn't need a new one (also they cost over £5 each which is quite a lot and I'll probably stock up on cheaper ones next time I go to the US).

I found possibly one of the nicest sounding lip balm companies ever that goes by the name of Crazy Rumors (American brand, American spelling). They literally have every flavour you could chose from in an amazing range and it took me forever to settle on just one but I am thrilled with my choice. As I was browsing their range I came across one of my favourite things in the world- tea. I have never seen tea flavoured lip balm before but what an amazing idea to appeal to a tea addict like me! There are four amazing flavours to chose from: Orange Bergamot (a.k.a Earl Grey flavoured), Apple Spice (cider-tasting apparently), Spiced Chai and Peppermint Lemongrass. I was very tempted by many of the flavours but you really can't go wrong with tea flavoured if, like me, you basically live off of tea. Yes I have a lip balm problem I know, but so would you if you'd seen Crazy Rumors.

NOW, let me tell you a story. I discovered Crazy Rumors around autumn time but I kept putting off ordering until I eventually forgot about it. While browsing Bloglovin' I discovered a British blogger talking about Crazy Rumors being on sale in Holland&Barrett and I almost had to restrain myself from running down there ASAP to buy one. Looking at the Holland&Barrett website I couldn't find the one I wanted as they only had a limited selection, but when I went into the shop they had a different set a flavours, and lo and behold there was the one I wanted the most.

I decided to go for the Apple Spice flavour from the 'brew' range after much deliberation as it combines two of my favourite things, tea and anything apple flavoured, but it was an immensely hard choice.
The packaging for Crazy Rumors is a tube lipbalm in a very simple clear plastic packaging with a paper-feel label and the flavour on the front. It's simple but attractive, what more could you want (plus how super cut is the little teapot symbol)?

As Vegan products aren't allowed to contain bee's wax, Crazy Rumors contains the magic that is Shea butter, I use the Body Shop lip butter in Shea overnight as the think, white consistency of the butter is not a daytime product but it works miracles in giving you super smooth lips and I would go as far to say that it is one of my favourite ingredients(?) for products to contain.

Due to the Shea butter, the product slides on super smoothly and doesn't drag like some other products I can name (Burt's Bees I'm looking at you); however, due to the Shea butter, it leaves a whiteish film on your lips that means I only wear it at night to avoid embarrassing rabies-like situations in public. This is a really great product as it makes my lips feel super smooth and I can get away with only wearing lip balm and night and not having to top up throughout the day due to drying-out lips; it also smells absolutely amazing, though the scent is rather (very) strong.

As well as the Brew range (tea flavours) you can also get: A La Mode (ice cream), Hibiskiss (tinted), Candy Cane, Gumball (bubblegum to the UK), Fresh Squeezed (citrus/fruit), Perk (coffee), Soda Pop, and Sweetheart (cake). Each different range comes with four flavours but there are also some others that don't fit into a range.
Some of the other amazing flavours that I was loath to part with (as well as the rest of the tea range which I want all of) are Pear and Peppermint Candy Cane, Ginger Peach, Gingerbread, Orange Clove and Red Velvet Cake.

Another great thing about Crazy Rumors is they have a couple of charity lip balms where, stating the obvious here, a section of the proceeds goes to charity.
I will definitely be wanting to go back and get more Crazy Rumors soon as the flavour range is amazing but for now I am loving what I've got and I am a very happy bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment